Hesitation issue - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1600

Old 10-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
sfair
Top Contributor

Contains components that in high concentration may be harmful to rubber components.
Kind of like the ethanol in the fuel. 5% - OK, 10% - well?, start getting above that and you can have problems.
Manufacturer will recommend the strongest possible ratio to do the job without the possibility of damage. They want the product to perform and they also want to sell as much as possible!
sfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
sfair
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by estoltz View Post
Teckmountain,

Any update on this. I'm getting the same behavior on a 2000 VN1500N1Fi. I've been through plugs, fuel and even PC. I think the next stop is going to be replace the ignition coils. does yours go away if you let it sit for like 5-10 minutes?
If you get no answer, post a new thread giving details and we may be able to help.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
Boomer914

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfair View Post
Contains components that in high concentration may be harmful to rubber components.
Kind of like the ethanol in the fuel. 5% - OK, 10% - well?, start getting above that and you can have problems.
Manufacturer will recommend the strongest possible ratio to do the job without the possibility of damage. They want the product to perform and they also want to sell as much as possible!
But it a car you suck it in through a vacuum line!

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ride 'till

Vulcan 1600 classic
Memphis shades 19'' Black E-Coated straps

Just Stock Fun For Now!!!!
Boomer914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
sfair
Top Contributor

I am talking about when people fill their fuel tanks with Seafoam and then add the recommended dose of gasoline to top it up.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Boomer914

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfair View Post
I am talking about when people fill their fuel tanks with Seafoam and then add the recommended dose of gasoline to top it up.
Lol got it

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ride 'till

Vulcan 1600 classic
Memphis shades 19'' Black E-Coated straps

Just Stock Fun For Now!!!!
Boomer914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
Cagecam

I had the same miss too. I cleaned the throttle body, and removed the fuel pump and cleaned it but none of it worked. Then I got to thinking the only thing I changed lately was the air filter. My bike is still in stock. I changed the air filter to a high volume one. Put the old one back in and it ran great. The ecu must had went into limp mode with the high volume filter:-)
Cagecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
slaponte
Top Contributor

To add to that, mine developed similar symptoms. Spark plugs look clean, but the air filter was a mess. There is some foam on the metal sides that broke apart and it was a black goo mess everywhere.

I ordered a replacement, as soon as it comes in i'll test drive and post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement