Converting from drum to disc? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 800

Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
DBallin69

Looks great Pacomutt. May have to try that conversion someday. Nice job!
DBallin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #12
DBallin69

Looks like that may have taken some work lol. Hope you dont mind if I ask you a question here. I checked my rear plug when I had my seat off and its barely tan. I think I may be running a little lean. I believe my carb has a jet kit in it. Do you know on the air fuel mixture screw which way I would turn it to give it a little more fuel? Im running open pipes, K&N in stock cleaner, and I believe a jet kit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
DBallin69

Plug was more of an off white I guess. Bike runs good cruising but seems to sputter a little when taking off from lights or stops even warm. Cold start I pull choke hold, when it starts I hold for maybe 10 seconds and it will idle. I let it warm for a few minutes and from then on when I take off it chugs a little. Seems to be only on the low end. I believe Im getting about 50mpg. Ran out of gas the other day at 162 miles on trip, forgot to turn it on reserve lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
DBallin69

Hmm not sure never tried it. My choke knob doesnt stay out I have to hold it. Ill prob try a .25 turn on the fuel mixture and see how that works. Alot of times instead of just taking off it start to go, chug, then go lol. Its not horrible but if I can fix it I will.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
DBallin69

Ok so I just let the bike warm up a few minutes with no choke. Think I figured out the problem. I had the idle down because I like the way it sounds but when I just turned the idle up some bike revs no problem. Think Im gonna have to deal with the idle a little higher. Dont know how many rpms its at but its not bad at all and def not to high. If I adjust mixture screw a little richer do you think I could idle it back down?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #16
Miget

very nice fab work and i like your thinking of working with what you have. hope i dont incroch but ive been running a 17x5.5 rear Honda CB1100 with disc brakes since i bot mine back in March of this year. I had to fab a bracket to fit the master cylinder to the brake peddle. just thot id show you what ive done maybe give some other ideas if not again sorry
ps please dont mind my terrible welding kinda hard not having the space to do more
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4466[1].jpg
Views:	79
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	14169

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4471[1].jpg
Views:	67
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	14170
Miget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
Bob Myers
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBallin69 View Post
Hmm not sure never tried it. My choke knob doesnt stay out I have to hold it. Ill prob try a .25 turn on the fuel mixture and see how that works. Alot of times instead of just taking off it start to go, chug, then go lol. Its not horrible but if I can fix it I will.
You want that choke button to stay put wherever you pull it to? Easy, right behind the button is a large plastic nut. Looking at the choke button turn it (the nut) to the right to apply more tension. Left will ease the tension off.
Iron Butt Ass.#34911

N4RWM
Bob Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #18
CycloneRider

Garage

I have pieced together a complete Drifter 800 rear disc brake conversion set up to convert a 800 classic or standard to a Drifter.*

I have the rear wheel, rear caliper & rear master cylinder, rear rotor, rear swingarm*

I even have Drifter 800 floor boards/brackets and heel-toe gear shifter.

If anyone is interested send me a private message here...

Current Bike:
2002 VN800C Drifter

Past Bikes:
'95 VN800A Customized
'96 VN800B-Wrecked parts bike
'96 VN800B Mostly Stock with V&H pipes and air cleaner
'97 VN800B-High mileage project never finished
'99 VN800B Customized

"Kawasaki ....let the good times roll"

Last edited by CycloneRider; 07-25-2014 at 10:46 AM.
CycloneRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement