900 classic Lt. Owner's HELP Please - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
Denis

I did it all in pieces. It's paramount that you first set your windshield to the right level. I have it so when I sit staright I just see over the shield. Slouch a bit and I'm under. No rain / wind to the back. (On a side note - If you've driven at night in the rain you want to be able to see over the shield cause the on-coming car lights rearly play havoc on the water dropplets clinging to the shield). With this alone I substantially reduced the wind/water affect.

Second I intalled Wind lowers. They helped alot in diverting wind blast and buffetting.

Third I added the enging guard "chaps". This help greatly as well.

All three together are great. Very little wind/rain. Things behind the shield, lowers and chaps are very dry, smooth and comfortable.

Having said all that...there are days when mother natures side winds and speeds take on a life of there own. But all in all, works great.

PS - aside from the mods, things as good helmet, clothing, etc... go without saying.

Last edited by Denis; 11-01-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Kennyg

Some really good ideas from you all. Thanks for the tips.

We have to get older. We don't have to grow up!
Kennyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
Vulcar

Default Memphis Shade

I put the Memphis shade with the 9 inch windshield on and it seems to work very well. Here are a few pics. I had to modify the mounting hardware because it was for 900 Custom and at the time could not locate hardware for the Classic LT. Works great though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 VN900 Classic LT.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	14149   Click image for larger version

Name:	VN900.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	14150  
Vulcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
colemantle
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcar View Post
I put the Memphis shade with the 9 inch windshield on and it seems to work very well. Here are a few pics. I had to modify the mounting hardware because it was for 900 Custom and at the time could not locate hardware for the Classic LT. Works great though.
Not to hijack, but where did you get those wheels? They look real nice!

Last edited by colemantle; 11-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.
colemantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
Vulcar

I hope Kennyg don't mind. Look up RC Components on the web. http://www.rccomponents.com/. From there you can choose your wheel and where a Bike shop near you can order them for you. I got the Nitro version because they are easy to keep clean and also looked beefy. They do not make a stock size rear wheel of 180/70-15 so had to go with a 180/70-16. It fits fine. Had to get the rear pully and front disc to complete. I am very pleased with the outcome. Was not cheap however. Around a 3K upgrade installed but i plan on keeping the bike. It fits like a glove.

2007 VN900 Classic LT (Dragon Theme)
Cobra- Pipes, FI2000, Passenger Floor boards, Engine guard and luggage rack.
Memphis Shade with 9" windshield.
Mustang seat
Chrome covers for neck, radiator, Rear brake Master Cylinder, and regulator.
Kuryakan Grips
RC Components Nitro Chrome wheels w/ Night Dragon Tires.
Çobra Power Flo breather
Vulcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement