Boy was I lucky yesterday! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 1700

Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Vulcanrules

You might be better off doing massage before aggressive PT. I have seen a lot of PTs start with imprudent use of weights and bands while the muscles are still cramping.

Few and far between are PTs that will actually do quality soft tissue work. At least in NY. I don't blame them- insurance reimbursements are obscenely low here and their expertise is often not in palpation and sensitivity to conditions beyond textbook protocols. The few that are do the work of magicians.

Are you in FL? I hear the med profession is paid much better there.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Vulcanrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
davemc

Glad you're OK! A friend of mine was rear-ended on his bike a couple of years ago, and somehow he too was relatively unhurt.
2009 Vulcan Voyager, Wolo Bad Boy air horn, Kuryakyn ISO grips with contoured throttle boss, Kuryakyn Adjustable Floorboard Cruise Peg mounts with pegs, Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust, K&N air filter, temperature dipstick, saddlebag rails, Superbright trunk light flasher.
davemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Blockhead
Top Contributor

Do yourself a favor and go to the hospital before you even consider a chiropractor.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
I'm a huge, huge fan of Chiropractic. I was rear ended about 25 years ago. Add to that a bad bike wreck about 5 years ago. It got to the point I couldn't move my neck left or right without huge amounts of pain. I thought I was going to have to give up riding. Man, that depressed me.

Chiropractor fixed me up to a manageable level.
+1. Insurance will take care of it that's why you (and hopefully the guy who hit you) pay all that money each month. No reason not to take care of your body and be well.

Glad you're alright ray. I must say there is some gritty irony in your 'watch for motorcycles' rear bumper sticker there above all the damage.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
C00lCountry

Wow!
Glade you are doing okay.
I agree it would have been ugly if on the bike/skoot.
Hope everything turns out well for you.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
RACNRAY
Vendor

THANX AGAIN GUYS...i took the truck this mornin over to an auto shop owned by one of my customers...real good guy with a good shop. Does frame straightening/body work, etc. He crawled under the truck and saw the left main frame rail is bent and twisted, took a real good hit there. I knew something was wrong on the left side as the front of the bed is 1/2" to 3/4" closer to the back of the cab than the right side.
At least he'll be able to stretch and straighten out the left frame rail, but he feels this is gonna be about a $7000.00 repair.

I think how of how bent that Vaquero would be!!!

This guy that hit me is a prime example of how not paying attention to proper driving causes stupid and preventable accidents. If he was looking at the traffic ahead and not picking up his groceries that had fallen on the floor this would not have happened.

Anyways, a banged up truck is not bad, if it was my Vaquero my heart woul be surely broken!!

RAY
RACNRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #17
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
do yourself a favor and go to the hospital before you even consider a chiropractor.
+1,000,000
whoaru99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
THANX AGAIN GUYS...i took the truck this mornin over to an auto shop owned by one of my customers...real good guy with a good shop. Does frame straightening/body work, etc. He crawled under the truck and saw the left main frame rail is bent and twisted, took a real good hit there. I knew something was wrong on the left side as the front of the bed is 1/2" to 3/4" closer to the back of the cab than the right side.
At least he'll be able to stretch and straighten out the left frame rail, but he feels this is gonna be about a $7000.00 repair.

I think how of how bent that Vaquero would be!!!

This guy that hit me is a prime example of how not paying attention to proper driving causes stupid and preventable accidents. If he was looking at the traffic ahead and not picking up his groceries that had fallen on the floor this would not have happened.

Anyways, a banged up truck is not bad, if it was my Vaquero my heart woul be surely broken!!

RAY
Sounds like you're doing better and, yeah, glad you weren't on the bike.

The groceries story may well be true and maybe it's a moot point but it might be interesting to investigate the cell phone records if things get ugly.
whoaru99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
soflovaq

Ray, sorry to hear about the accident. I'm glad you weren't on the bike too. Hope that you are feeling better, both from your cold and the hit. Give me a call if you want to go riding next Sunday.
soflovaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
TX1677095

Location: Deep in the heart of the NW part of a major metro area in the SE part of a very large SW state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
Actually, not so much luck as God watching out for me...
RACNRAY, I'm truly glad that you were/are being watched after.

While I have had my own share of close calls that come with 35+ years of driving and 45+ years of riding, I have been involved in only three actual collisions (I refuse to call them "accidents"), ALL of which were while I was sitting motionless as an apparent stationary target with no means of escape at a stop sign or red traffic light.

The one that happened while on my ride some thirty or so years ago was not pretty, even though I managed to somehow (Divine intervention) escape totally physically unscathed, as my then-nearly-new KZ1000 was totaled beyond recognition and looked like an accordion after the drunk ran us down---"But occifer, I din't see no light or no mortorbikecycle or nothing! BURRRRRRRRRRRP." After all these years, it still pisses me off just thinking about it.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand
TX1677095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement