Vulcan 800 PICS! - Page 47 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 800

Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #461
Phil in Maine

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc33 View Post
Attachment 140332000 Vulcan 800 Classic
Wow, your 2000 VN800b is in way better shape than mine was when I bought it. I like your exhaust, looks way better than my cobbled together frankenexhaust!
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #462
Miget

where she is as of 10/2012 since then ive redone the bars(changed the angle for cumfy position) and now working on tru dual exhaustClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4101[1].jpg
Views:	123
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	14148
Miget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #463
Phil in Maine

Garage
Default New pics from ride today

Took some pics on my ride around the White Mountains today. Definitely a great day for a ride. The only real change on the bike from my previous post is the Mustang solo seat.

The last pic is with the Mt Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, NH.

We don't get to ride year round in New England, but you don't have views like this in Florida.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #464
Bob Myers
Lifetime Premium

Sportster mufflers? I like the mustang solo and bags. My seat appears to be same as yours, 2 piece Mustang. Wondered how it would look like that. I like, just really need to keep my backrest because I have an antenna mounted on it
Iron Butt Ass.#34911

N4RWM
Bob Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #465
DickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Maine View Post
Took some pics on my ride around the White Mountains today. Definitely a great day for a ride. The only real change on the bike from my previous post is the Mustang solo seat.

The last pic is with the Mt Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, NH.

We don't get to ride year round in New England, but you don't have views like this in Florida.
Nice looking ride Phil...I have the same mustang seat but also have the rear pillion seat too. That mustang seat made all the difference in the world for comfort. I ended up relocating my footboards forward and down about 1" each way. Nice and comfortable now. Enjoy today I have a feeling were not going to get another one like this up here in NE.
DickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #466
Phil in Maine

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post
Sportster mufflers? I like the mustang solo and bags. My seat appears to be same as yours, 2 piece Mustang. Wondered how it would look like that. I like, just really need to keep my backrest because I have an antenna mounted on it
I think they most likely are Sporster mufflers. They are certainly OEM Harley. The bike came with them on. I picked up the seat from someone on the forum. I really like the look of the exposed rear fender, though at some point I would like to replace the fender with a new OEM one since that one has a ton of scratches and some good size gouges in the back. I have no idea what the previous order did to it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #467
Bob Myers
Lifetime Premium

Mine has sportster muffler, were brand new take-offs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	14195  
Iron Butt Ass.#34911

N4RWM
Bob Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #468
Phil in Maine

Garage

Yeah I like the seat comfort wise. I have a fairly bad lower back issue and that seat has extended my range some, plus it looks way better.

I am definitely going to get some crash bars so I can get some forward pegs. (I'm 6'2") Also, I think I will get some Kuryakyn Switchblade pegs. Possibly some better aftermarket grips with a throttle boss. After that I think I will be all set for awhile.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #469
Phil in Maine

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post
Mine has sportster muffler, were brand new take-offs.
Yours seem a bit better mounted than mine. In the Spring I am going to work on remounting them and getting some new clamps. The previous owner put them on and didn't do a particularly good job. Overall, they look good and sound decent. They aren't terribly loud, which I like.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #470
Yammadof

So just finished re-shimming and mounting the MAC Fat Stakkers. Fired up first time.....but it's SNOWING...bahaaa......one more ride this week-end...I hope....!

Yammadof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement