Which Color Vulcan Is Fastest - Page 11 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 900

Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #101
KawaVulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atineo1982 View Post
i have to agree with Jagered... that's the same reason why when the light turns green we all hit the throttle...

Green = GO!
I'll second that!!
Saddlemen Drifter Slant Saddlebags
Cobra Speedster Shorts
Cobra Fi2000
Cobra Tach
KawaVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #102
racerX
Top Contributor

Yes black!!!!
To The World You Might Be One Person;
But To One Person You Might Be the World.
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:56 AM   #103
Ramakill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaVulcan View Post
I'll second that!!
Me too!!! Consider the motion accepted, Candy Lime Green is the quickest 9!!!!
Ramakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #104
Sigma391

Most definitely Candy Lime Green....
Sigma391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #105
Slash

Clearly from these pics anyone can see passion red is the fastest.
Even more so in South africa where traffic law enforcement is almost non existant. So we ride whatever speed we damn well want to. You don't dawdle here or you get your arse run of by a mini bus taxi with 30 passengers in it at 160km/h. And no I'm not joking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Uitenhage-20120119-00212.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	8797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uitenhage-20120119-00213.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	8798  
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #106
lstbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailrazer View Post
Red has the longest wavelength of all colors.

Black is the absence of color so it has no wavelength.

So obviously black is faster because it doesn't have to travel anywhere. It is already there. UNLESS there is another color there.

So obviously the answer is .............. Pudding.
I actually lol when I read this!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:01 AM   #107
pcmikey

Talking pcmikey to tallannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallannie View Post
my goodness Mike...of course you can win an argument with a woman.... of course. I mean, just because it hasnt happened yet doesnt mean it cannot...? right? I mean they could find the Higgs boson too, right? LOL....

Congratulations on the 49 years...and the upcoming 50th. I am sure your wife is a lucky gal...and I know your grandson is.

ride safe !

Annie
Annie

Long time no talky (typey, correspondy?)

I wanted to give you an update, and see how you are doing.

I retired from Navy civil service at the end of February, 2012. In quick succession, I spent 5 days at Daytona Bike week, celebrated my 50th with vows renewal on the beach, followed by a big party, and a week later I went to work as an independent consultant for ittexelis. I am developing a lecture series in Marine Electromagnetics, and doing RDT&E in this area. My current stable is 2010 harley triglide ultra, 2010 Victory Vegas Jackpot, and tomorrow, I take delivery on a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 tourer with hard bags and platform box. I have the full spectrum now: long distance tourer, muscle bike bar hopper, and very cool commuter (24 miles each way).

Please let me know what you are up to.

Mike AKA RoadKill AKA RoadRash (some idiot cut me off on the jackpot), AKA superior (male) brain.
pcmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #108
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

It's scientifically proven that the more parts you black out on your bike, the slower it gets.

Also, in my tottally unbiased and unrelated to the fact that it's the color of my bike opinion, blue/silver two tone is, by far, the slowest. That's because all the women swooning to it slow ya down!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #109
Tallannie
Top Contributor

Hey Mikey... :-)
Great to hear from you...! Lesseee... I am up to about 9.6 out of 10 I think !

I retired from being the Director of Facilities for a huge solar company a couple years ago..... and my husband and I moved to Central Oregon (Redmond) and we love it here. Got a lovely home ..cheap....... and have integrated into the community wonderfully. I am the Vice Chair of the Planning Commission...and just ran for City Council ( lost by a hair)...and joined a few organizations that work for the betterment of Redmond. I am bored outta my mind being retired and this is how I am filling the days... :-) We read to 3rd grade kids at a local very poor school which is a heartwarming pleasure and helps hook kids on reading.
I still love my V2K and have broken the habit of trading a bike in every 12,000 miles or so... :-). This one is a keeper... I went to the darkside and it is delivering great tire life and handling..... put in "euro gears' to give me more top end with lower rpms... and generally have modded the bike a lot. Put some great 1939 Ford LED tailights on the saddlebags and built a custom luggage rack..... We ride maybe 2 long trips a year now... went up to Canada...and then down to LA....always staying off the major highways... and we take a lot of short runs locally too. We have long been Patriot Guard riders but here we also joined Oregon Veterans Motorcycle Association ( dont call it a 'club' !....lol) and we work with them to do things for Vets locally...
in these and all other areas my life is golden... wonderful husband, wonderful friends... lots of love.

Oh !! my adopted Chinese daughter is going to make me a Grandma next May !!! THAT is the really big news...!!!

Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmikey View Post
Annie

Long time no talky (typey, correspondy?)

I wanted to give you an update, and see how you are doing.

I retired from Navy civil service at the end of February, 2012. In quick succession, I spent 5 days at Daytona Bike week, celebrated my 50th with vows renewal on the beach, followed by a big party, and a week later I went to work as an independent consultant for ittexelis. I am developing a lecture series in Marine Electromagnetics, and doing RDT&E in this area. My current stable is 2010 harley triglide ultra, 2010 Victory Vegas Jackpot, and tomorrow, I take delivery on a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 tourer with hard bags and platform box. I have the full spectrum now: long distance tourer, muscle bike bar hopper, and very cool commuter (24 miles each way).

Please let me know what you are up to.

Mike AKA RoadKill AKA RoadRash (some idiot cut me off on the jackpot), AKA superior (male) brain.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #110
Doc8427

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
It's scientifically proven that the more parts you black out on your bike, the slower it gets.
Actually you have that backwards. Since black absorbs all light and reflects no light, all those photons are being absorbed. All other colors reflect, so that means light photons are actually BOUNCING off the other bike. As we all know, ever action has an equal and opposite reaction. Thus, when light is bouncing off your colorful bikes it is actually pushing on your bike, thus making it SLOWER...

Black is faster. It's just good science!

Doc
Doc8427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement