35 years and I had my first crash yesterday. - Page 6 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #51
Coolpig59
1946-2014

Went to see my bike today and was really surprised at how little damage there was for it to be totaled. Kinda bummed me out but now i know just how strong the Beast actually is/was.

I've been having thoughts about the size of the V2K and I realize that I don't need all that power. I will not be running 130 mph or more and I have given up pulling my trailer, it's just too much of a hassle. Now I'm looking at something just a bit smaller and lighter. I find that I don't have a problem with 65 to 70 mph on highways. Age will do that for you.

I will not be able to ride for several months anyhow so there is no hurry at the moment, just looking around a bit.
Coolpig59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #52
tmanv2krider

HD superglide. Can't go wrong...
Head Work
Ball hone and re-ring
Torrington B-138
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
V&H Competition drag pipes
CV Performance carb kit
James, and HD gaskets
All done myself except the heads
Santee XLX Low Rise bars
J&P Cycles antique style grips
13" FXDX Shocks
Fork work w/ 20W oil
tmanv2krider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #53
V2Celt

Default options

Suzuki M90-drove one while ago, plenty power, lighter than V2K.
good looker too.
Now when that hand is better----maybe its so used to 'Clutching' V2K Lever, nothing else will do!
Good healingregardless.
V2Celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #54
Coolpig59
1946-2014

Although Harleys are very nice bikes, I will not buy one. Don't mean to be critical but they are just priced out of my reach. Simply too much money.

I will, if/when the time comes, get another bike but it will be something I can afford.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #55
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

(Taking into consideration the crash was not planned...)

You know, if I had known you was going to the rally, I'd have meet up with ya.

I was able to meet Street. Nice guy and nice bike.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #56
Coolpig59
1946-2014

So what you're saying is the crash was your fault?

Because you did not meet me there I was wandering about aimlessly and without adult supervision only to be left to my own devices and wound up splattering myself on the pavement of Galveston?

Had you met up with me the entire course of history would have been altered, I would still have an operational V2K, would not have a broken hand or sore back and we could have had dinner and a few cold ones together.

Does that about sum up how badly my weekend went?

If it weren't for bad luck..........................

Da' Pig
Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #57
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpig59 View Post

Because you did not meet me there I was wandering about aimlessly and without adult supervision only to be left to my own devices and wound up splattering myself on the pavement of Galveston?

Had you met up with me the entire course of history would have been altered, I would still have an operational V2K, would not have a broken hand or sore back and we could have had dinner and a few cold ones together.

Da' Pig
Sounds like smedlin owes you a drink or at least a meal!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #58
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpig59 View Post

Da' Pig
Yep. The entire course of the weekend would have changed.

If you were with me, not only would you have not wrecked and be out a super cool bike. But you would have had the weekend of your life.

Girls would have swarmed you, tossing their panties into your lap as you drove down the strand. Guys would have lined up, just to touch your fender and to receive your blessings. You would have stopped to get gas, and while there you would have bought a lotto ticket..and won.

All that would have happened, if ONLY you had read the below thread I had created, asking who all was going to the LSR.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31046

But alas, you didn't read and respond to it.

So that brings up an important point.. always read smedlin's post.

(The above is strictly the opinion of smedlin, and can not be used in a court of law)

(P.S, Please don't tell Mrs Smedlin what I said about the panties.)

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #59
Coolpig59
1946-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
Yep. The entire course of the weekend would have changed.

If you were with me, not only would you have not wrecked and be out a super cool bike. But you would have had the weekend of your life.

Girls would have swarmed you, tossing their panties into your lap as you drove down the strand. Guys would have lined up, just to touch your fender and to receive your blessings. You would have stopped to get gas, and while there you would have bought a lotto ticket..and won.

All that would have happened, if ONLY you had read the below thread I had created, asking who all was going to the LSR.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31046

But alas, you didn't read and respond to it.

So that brings up an important point.. always read smedlin's post.

(The above is strictly the opinion of smedlin, and can not be used in a court of law)

(P.S, Please don't tell Mrs Smedlin what I said about the panties.)
Ain't that just the way it always goes, one small event has far reaching effects beyond our capabilities to understand.

You need not worry about me telling anyone anything, I will forget it before dark anyhow so it don't matter. You probably can't imagine how badly I wish I had read your post. What a difference that would have made.

IG:
Old 11-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #60
Popeye

Mate having an off is not good no matter what the circumstances. The bike is just a piece of metal that can be replaced, but you are a living breathing special person to somebody who cannot be replaced. Take my advice, grab a nice crystal glass and pour in around 4,5 or 6 fingers of whatever bourbon you like, draw a nice hot bath slip in some of the wifes/girlfriend/ neighbours wife or significant others bath salts and any of the afore mentioned people if the tub is big enough, climb in yourself and just sit back relax have a drink and soak away those aches and pains. If the tub companion decides a little massage is in order then all the better. Let the wounds heal then think about a new bike. I certainly wish you a very speedy recovery.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement