No riding for me today!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #11
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomutt View Post
Hard to believe that lots of Atlantic City's Boardwalk is gone!
wozers

Been thru the same thing here a few times (on the gulf of mexico)

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
pacomutt
Lifetime Premium

Someone posted a pic on facebook of a shark swimming through the streets in Atlantic City!

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
pacomutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
Papa Smrph

Everyone, be safe out there. In south-central Ontario. We had some wind last night but it is gone now. Some rain. Mostly power outages due to tree/branches across lines.
We have had so much rain for the last two weeks I have not been out in that time. However, I'm more concerned that those in the eye of the storm are ok. The images on the tube are pretty stark.
Hope it all works out
Flashing Tail Light
Wolo Bad Boy Air Horn
Kick-back Risers
Custom GPS Holder
Papa Smrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
kfolse107

Garage

I'm on the Gulf Coast in Louisiana and I know what you're going through. We're used to hurricanes. Stay safe!

2009 Vulcan 500 LTD
Scootworks Risers
Slipstreamer Enterprise windshield
Protac driver backrest
Rumble Road speaker system
River Road saddlebags
Priority Plus tail light module
Kuryakyn chrome accessory plug
Kuryakyn ISO grips (6235)with Throttle Boss
JTF512 17tooth sprocket
"Manuel/Vicente" custom engine guard
Hardley highway pegs (freebies)
http://www.brothersinblue.org
kfolse107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #15
Popeye

I have been watching some of the coverage here in Aust. We call em cyclones and they are mean and nasty whatever you call them. Flying debris is the killer and storm surges the thing that causes so much flood damage. I sincerely hope all are well and any damage easily fixed. The aftermath will be the worst, such as dead animals, piles of garbage, rats flushed out of the sewers and of course that lowest form of life the looter. Stay safe people.

Bob
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
UscgMac

Well finally got my power back after almost a week in the dark and cold, temp going down into the 30's. My family a I are O.K. and so is my V2K. We have lots of friends in coastal areas which lost thier houses and cars. The damage is outrages, beyond words. N.Y. and N.J. and C.T. beaches and coastal areas are destroyed and looters hit areas of NYC and L.I. Lots of people still without power and heat and the gasoline crisis is starting wide spread riots. Im an emergency first responder and just worked everyday for about 14 to 15 hours a day. The places which I love to ride to are either destroyed or will take a ling time to clean up but anyway it will soon pass and order will be restored. National guard is out and power companies are working 24-7. I was very luckey to have just lost my power and some trees but no damage to my house. Hope you other guys in the path did O.K.
UscgMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UscgMac View Post
Im an emergency first responder and just worked everyday for about 14 to 15 hours a day.
Thank you.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
Beast_rider

The devastation of what was built and what is gone, and what is left is very disheartening. I hear your cries for help and it is so familiar. Wish there was an easy fix, but alas being prepared will make the isolation easier. I know you guys don't experience this kind of thing very often, which makes preparedness hard to plan. Hope you guys recover quickly. Nothing like a hurricane to let you know how vunerable you are in the scheme of things. Thank You First Responder. Glad all you lost was power.
Beast_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast_rider View Post
The devastation of what was built and what is gone, and what is left is very disheartening. I hear your cries for help and it is so familiar. Wish there was an easy fix, but alas being prepared will make the isolation easier. I know you guys don't experience this kind of thing very often, which makes preparedness hard to plan. Hope you guys recover quickly. Nothing like a hurricane to let you know how vunerable you are in the scheme of things. Thank You First Responder. Glad all you lost was power.
+1

I really can't stand the blame game that's going on and all of this constant talk about the east coast not being prepared for this.

OF COURSE NOT!

It was a record-smashing storm the likes this planet rarely sees! Am I supposed to wear a helmet when I go to the grocery store in case I slip on some spilled soda? Should I board up my windows 24/7/365 in case I hit a rock while mowing my grass? And of course all of the people playing the whole 'That's their fault for living there' crap. What about Joplin, MO last year. All of those families homes destroyed and lives lost in a quiet midwest town. Where exactly are you supposed to move where natural disaster can never strike? Some things just happen and you can't prepare for them without just being plain silly. Now is the time to pick up the pieces and do what we can for one another, instead of figuring out whose fault a hurricane is (it even sounds silly when you type it!)

Anyway, that little mini-rant over, I am definitely appreciative of what these first responders are doing. They work thankless underpaid jobs, some of them are treated absolutely horribly by the public, but they, who also lost their homes and loved ones, are working 16 hours a day to get things back together.

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement