Finally done with insurance - Page 5 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 11-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #41
Robotic
Lifetime Premium

Found my V2K on Ebay in October 2011. It was a new 2009 Classic LT. It was an auction at Cycle World of Cherry hill New Jersey. I won with a bid of $9400. had it shipped to me in Florida for $250 with UShip. I felt that I got a great deal. haven't stopped riding since its arrival.
There is a V2K for auction on EBAy now. A 2008 I believe. Only 2100 miles. Check it out!
Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #42
ScottyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic View Post
Found my V2K on Ebay in October 2011. It was a new 2009 Classic LT. It was an auction at Cycle World of Cherry hill New Jersey. I won with a bid of $9400. had it shipped to me in Florida for $250 with UShip. I felt that I got a great deal. haven't stopped riding since its arrival.
There is a V2K for auction on EBAy now. A 2008 I believe. Only 2100 miles. Check it out!
Sounds like a great find!
VBA 01583
VROC 27581
ScottyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #43
magical mr mistoffeles

Sadly I did not get approved for a loan, and didnt have enought left from insurance to buy a new bike, been a rough year financially had a few late payments, but I will pay off one credit card in a few days, and one in January at which point i will try again. Should have about $3500 put away by then too
magical mr mistoffeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #44
SoCalCruiser

Good luck mr mistoffeles, hope ur riding again soon.
SoCalCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #45
puckoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
i don't know if they do it anymore, (I bought my bike back in spring of 05, long ago), and don't know if it only applies to new.

But I bought both my jet ski (in 04)and my bike (in 05) from kawi, with the "good times roll" credit thingy. Was something like 2% interest.
While it might have been covered later in the thread, things have changed with Kawi Credit.

HSBC has been replaced by Capitol One as the bank behind the Kawi Credit Card In the Spring of this year.

The deals have always varied by time of year and the type of Kawi product.

I got my JetSki in 05, and the low interst deal only ran for a year. In 08 when I got the 900, it was supposed to be two years, but just kept on going anyway.

Power Sports lending has become a problem since 09, and a lot depends on your credit rating, and the location/dealers location. A smaller bank, or Credit Union may not have had the "repo" experience, and might be more favorable.
06 Kawi Vulcan Nomad - Cobra Lite Bar, Phat II Risers, Vista Cruise, Krusier Kady, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Mustang w/ Backrest, Vance & Hines Dual Baggers, PC III, Cobra Luggage Rack, Electrical Connection LED R,B, T Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light, Classic Chaps, Avon Cobra's.
puckoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #46
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical mr mistoffeles View Post
Sadly I did not get approved for a loan, and didnt have enought left from insurance to buy a new bike, been a rough year financially had a few late payments, but I will pay off one credit card in a few days, and one in January at which point i will try again. Should have about $3500 put away by then too
Been there. It's not fun but you will get you another one when ya can. Having a piece of mind financially (no matter how small) has more satisfaction than owning any other bike. I had to get rid of my Meanie and 4 years later i finally got me another bike.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #47
Infinite_Day

Garage

I used my bank, a credit union, for the used 900 I just bought. They do MC loans just like auto loans so the rates are good. They will only finance a certain % of a used bike depending on how old it is, however, and will only finance a vehicle up to 6 years old, I think. I didn't go that route - I had plenty in savings but didn't want to drop it down any. I just used my own money as collateral and I'll pay it off in a few months. 2% interest rate and they just put a hold on your savings for the amount of the loan. The money's still there you just can't use it and it frees up as you make payments. This makes things easier if I should need to sell it quickly because there is really no lien on the bike and I have the title. I'll should have it paid off by next spring.

I sold my last bike - an SV650 - to get rid of a payment I didn't need at the time since my wife wasn't teaching full time yet. Had to sell an R6 because of financial reasons before that. I know what it's like to have to sell the toys or go without when times are tough. You'll get back on the horse soon enough mistoffeles. Sorry to hear you had a crash.
Advertisement