November BOTM entry thread - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Vulcan Forums > Vulcan Forums Bike of the Month

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage
Default November BOTM entry thread

Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest!

To enter your Vulcan, all you need to do is tell us a little about it, and post some photo(s). And don't forget the story behind the bike because that can often turn the trick!

The winner for each round will be chosen by our members' votes! A new voting thread will be created near the end of the month.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
Accessories:
And the story:

As long as you haven't won in the past year you can enter again.

Please post your entries in the active month's thread. That thread will be closed at the end of the month. We'll start a poll with that month's entries and the winner will be named and have their bike featured on the home page.

Also note that if you are new to the forums, you will not be able to vote in the contest until you have accumulated 15 posts

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
greeneggs
BOTM Winner, February 2014

2010 Vulcan 900 Custom with Cobra Speedster Shorts, Mimic 240 rear, stock front, Cobra FI2000R, Kustomwerks Rear Fender with Britt seat, LA Choppers 14" x 1.25" "Hefty" Bars, Tech Glide Forward Controls, Rivco 128 decibel Horns, ACC Cobra Headlight, all steel braided lines, debadged.

First motorcycle I've owned in nearly 20 years. Cars are getting too expensive to modify these days so I thought I start on bikes. Bought new 18 months ago after seeing a bike in Australia that had the 240 wide wheel kit done.... and had to build my own. Been through a few incarnations, different seats, bars etc... Awesome fun to ride. Hooked up with a local cruiser club, mostly Harley riders, got a few looking at the metric bikes a little differently now

Next step? Maybe turn it into a bobber?

Cheers,
Greeneggs

Last edited by greeneggs; 11-05-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
RobLaidBack

sweet ride you got there green

"The true Man wants two things, danger and play. Therefore he chooses woman, the most dangerous plaything."... Nietzsche
Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

That is nice Green.

Who made those wheels and pulley?

2004 Vulcan 2000
Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
greeneggs
BOTM Winner, February 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
That is nice Green.

Who made those wheels and pulley?
They're called "Mimic", purchased them here:
http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?PartID=214057

Cheers, thanks for the comments.
Greeneggs
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
smedlin

Only one entry so far??

2004 Vulcan 2000
Old 11-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

I guess i will throw my hat into the ring....

Year: 2008
Model: vnulcan 900 custom
Eng size: 903cc
Pipes: cobra powerpro hp 2 into 1
Seat: Mustang daytripper
Wheels: stock
Accessories: iso grips break pedal and shifter covers, clear signal and tailight lenses, fairing with stereo and 6x9 speakers, flh hardbags,dteachable passenger backrest, rear lowering kit by roadkrome, homemade intake with k&n, and a power commander

Not much of a story really, bought the bike new in april of 08 and orederd my first mod (the lowering kit) even before i signed the paperwork,and did a full debaffle 2 weeks later !!!!! then one weekend i took a 500 mile roadtrip without a windshield and carrying a backpack.. ya thats when i decided something had to change, tried one of those lil windshields for a yr it helped but wasnt what i wanted. So by fall of 09 i ebayed the fairing, painted and installed it over the winter adding a set of scrap yard 6x9s and a sony "mechless" car stereo.. had tunes and wind (and bug) protection. Spring of 2011 a friend brought me back a set of "harley hardbags" from florida for under $500, saved up and gathered parts till the following spring before i was able to mount them, which required installing a 2 into 1 exhaust to get the bags as low as i wanted them, then spending over $150 on a brand new set of harley bag supports which i cut in half with a grinder the moment i got them home so i could stretch them...well after only a few rides i got to thinking "how the hell did i get by without saddlebags!!!"
Meanwhile as i was gathering parts for the bags a deal came along on a mustang daytripper seat that I just could not refuse (thanks ron) and the g/f bought me (but i really think it was for her lol) the detachable backrest !!
My only future mod plans are getting my rear wheel modified to mount a 240/18 on it.. ya found a spot in california that can do the mod for around $500-$600 shipping included.. lot cheeper than the 1800 for the mimic wheel which is hidden behind the saddlebags !!!, and may get the same done to the front wheel so i can properly mount 140/70 21 up there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2286.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	14135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2291.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	14136   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2293.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	14137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2295.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	14138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2288.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	14139  

Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
Old 11-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
Only one entry so far??
now there are two !!!
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter

Last edited by big worm; 11-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by big worm View Post
I guess i will throw my hat into the ring....

Year: 2008
Model: vnulcan 900 custom
Eng size: 903cc
Pipes: cobra powerpro hp 2 into 1
Seat: Mustang daytripper
Wheels: stock
Accessories: iso grips break pedal and shifter covers, clear signal and tailight lenses, fairing with stereo and 6x9 speakers, flh hardbags,dteachable passenger backrest, rear lowering kit by roadkrome, homemade intake with k&n, and a power commander

Not much of a story really, bought the bike new in april of 08 and orederd my first mod (the lowering kit) even before i signed the paperwork,and did a full debaffle 2 weeks later !!!!! then one weekend i took a 500 mile roadtrip without a windshield and carrying a backpack.. ya thats when i decided something had to change, tried one of those lil windshields for a yr it helped but wasnt what i wanted. So by fall of 09 i ebayed the fairing, painted and installed it over the winter adding a set of scrap yard 6x9s and a sony "mechless" car stereo.. had tunes and wind (and bug) protection. Spring of 2011 a friend brought me back a set of "harley hardbags" from florida for under $500, saved up and gathered parts till the following spring before i was able to mount them, which required installing a 2 into 1 exhaust to get the bags as low as i wanted them, then spending over $150 on a brand new set of harley bag supports which i cut in half with a grinder the moment i got them home so i could stretch them...well after only a few rides i got to thinking "how the hell did i get by without saddlebags!!!"
Meanwhile as i was gathering parts for the bags a deal came along on a mustang daytripper seat that I just could not refuse (thanks ron) and the g/f bought me (but i really think it was for her lol) the detachable backrest !!
My only future mod plans are getting my rear wheel modified to mount a 240/18 on it.. ya found a spot in california that can do the mod for around $500-$600 shipping included.. lot cheeper than the 1800 for the mimic wheel which is hidden behind the saddlebags !!!, and may get the same done to the front wheel so i can properly mount 140/70 21 up there.
Good lookin' bike! I think I'm going to end up with the same fairing and stereo over the winter. Polk Audio marine speakers too. I know I asked you before but I forgot yours was a custom. What is the width of the forks on the custom, is it different than the classic? Now I'm wondering if that VTX1800 fairing will fit or not!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Old 11-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
smedlin

Looking nice BW.

I'd like to know more about your homemade air intake.

2004 Vulcan 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread