35 years and I had my first crash yesterday. - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 11-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #31
Papa Smrph

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Cool Pig, glad you saved the bacon. Papa Smrph
Flashing Tail Light
Wolo Bad Boy Air Horn
Kick-back Risers
Custom GPS Holder
Papa Smrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #32
Old Syko

Glad you dealt with a cop that wasn't a jerk about the 45. Most around here are the same way. I've always heard and said it wasn't if but when the crash would happen. Good luck with recovery. Now you can make those modifications to the bike you didn't know you wanted to make.
Old Syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #33
Woody

Hope you heal quickly and well!! Also hope the bike can be "healed"...

Woody
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #34
Coolpig59
1946-2014

This sounds like very good advice.
Coolpig59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #35
AZPoseur

First, I am praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Next, thank you for sharing so we can learn. Sometimes I start to let my mind wander as I ride and that is never a good idea anywhere. Being reminded of our vulnerability is good for us.

Finally, what kind of helmet were you wearing? Was it a half or 3/4 helmet? I wear a 3/4 helmet most days and sometimes wonder how foolish I am being. I have thought of getting a half helmet, but that is probably a really bad idea.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #36
Coolpig59
1946-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPoseur View Post
First, I am praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Next, thank you for sharing so we can learn. Sometimes I start to let my mind wander as I ride and that is never a good idea anywhere. Being reminded of our vulnerability is good for us.

Finally, what kind of helmet were you wearing? Was it a half or 3/4 helmet? I wear a 3/4 helmet most days and sometimes wonder how foolish I am being. I have thought of getting a half helmet, but that is probably a really bad idea.
What ever helmet you get/wear DO NOT get one with quick disconnect clip
on the strap. If you wind up in a spot where you need that helmet, those clips wiil NOT keep the helmet on your head. It WILL pop open and you can have a face plant like I had or worse.

Also, keep your head on a swivel and your brain in gear. NEVER drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. Always expect the other guy to screw up and treat blind intersections like a loaded gun pointed at you.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
Beast_rider

Default hope your healing well

CP I know the pain of replacing skin. Got burnt up in a plane 7 years ago. Eat well you gonna need the calories to grow a thicker hide. Sulfasilvadine is great stuff and cooling on the wound...triple antibiotic works well for the face.
Hate blind corners!

Two weeks ago me and the missus are 30 miles out of natchez doing about 50 mph and the rear tire blows, later inspection shows I ran over something that put a hole in rear. azz end tried to swap with front for what seemed like forever. Luckily there was no opposing traffic and I just drove the bike to a gentle dump in the grass. Not even a grass stain on the protective gear, and no scratches on the bike, it stayed basically upright stuck in the dirt. Continually hoping and praying for a speedy recovery for you. Hoping bike can be pieced back together... Good Luck to ya...
Beast_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #38
Coolpig59
1946-2014

Contacted insurance co. and storage place. bike is coming to Houston tomorrow to my dealer and adjuster will check it out. Guess I'll find out how tough my Vulcan is.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #39
big worm
BOTM Winner, December 2013

just make sure it dont go to the dealer that put your front tire on !!!!

Oh and glad you are here to tell the tale !!
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #40
V2Celt

Feel bad for ya man, but your talkin and sharing with us and we appreciate it.
youll be back, good good luck.
V2Celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement