V2K pics - Page 46 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #451
Bill Braske
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post

I always thought it was some sort of tie down bracket.
I Always thought it was a tie down point as well (I'm pretty sure it's a stock thingie). Funny that there's only one on the right side. My 900 was the same way. My wife hangs her Gremlin Bell on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #452
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by street325 View Post
It was great to meet Smedlin and his wife this weekend at the rally!! He is a hell of a nice guy and glad I had the chance to meet him. His bike was looking great in the bike show, how did you fare in the contest Smedlin??
Wasn't enough bikes in the "normal" metric cruiser contest. So they ended up combining categories. I (and some of the m109 guys) ended up being put up against the true "show bikes".

We had cool looking bikes, but we could not compete against those types of bikes. Wasn't really fair, but nothing we could do..

Also, the Saturday contest (with the Harley's) was a large panel of Judges that walked around and voted on the bikes. The metric contest just had some (one) guy who looked them over.. was very very unorganized.

It was cool to be able to say I did it.. but won't do it again.

(btw, some guy with a 900 won (second place I think) best "metric bagger/fairing" category. I have some pics of him holding the trophy. But I don't know who it was. I recognized his bike from here though.)

2004 Vulcan 2000

Last edited by smedlin; 11-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #453
ItsMePaul

Oh, thats great. Not only does he live in area that he gets to basically ride all year round on the same awesome bike as mine. But the guy ends up being a real good guy in person as well.

That feakin great !
ItsMePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #454
2K4V2K

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Braske View Post
I Always thought it was a tie down point as well (I'm pretty sure it's a stock thingie). Funny that there's only one on the right side. My 900 was the same way. My wife hangs her Gremlin Bell on it.
OEM Parts Catalog lists that as a "55020: GUARD,MUFFLER". I was looking at it when I got my bike to see what the cost of the missing stock part would be.
2K4V2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #455
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMePaul View Post
Oh, thats great. Not only does he live in area that he gets to basically ride all year round on the same awesome bike as mine. But the guy ends up being a real good guy in person as well.

That feakin great !
Sorry for the delay in the response. While some of you are already getting snow, Houston's high today was 85F, with blue sky's, so I was out riding.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #456
Kyrocket
Top Contributor

I always thought it was to keep the passengers foot out of the moving parts. I thought about fabbing one up for the other side just'cause.
Kyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #457
clmagency

Garage

Ha ha ha
39 for a high here today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMePaul View Post

That feakin great !
clmagency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #458
bigsarge2012
Top Contributor

I rode to work today, it was in the 50's.
bigsarge2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #459
Hockeyref

I hope to ride tomorrow for what is likely the last time this season, supposed to be a high of 39F and some sunshine. If I can get in a half hour after work and then change oil and do the rest of the winterizing she will be put to bed for the winter. A week from now it is supposed to go down to minus 17 - ugh.
Lots of chrome goodies, sagebrush engine guard chaps for cold days in Manitoba, Rumble Road speakers, Garmin gps, tank bib, modified seat, Ohlins rear shock - best investment ever!!, locking saddlebags, Kuryakyn luggage, brake-away cruise control, and more stuff every year.
Hockeyref is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #460
SWVA_08V2k
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrocket View Post
I always thought it was to keep the passengers foot out of the moving parts. I thought about fabbing one up for the other side just'cause.
That is what I thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement