What Fuel Processor - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > Motorcycle Models > Vulcan 2000

Old 10-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #31
ZLRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
Yeah I know. LOL That is the next step. I'm just seeing if there is any interest.
ZLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #32
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLRider View Post
Yeah I know. LOL That is the next step. I'm just seeing if there is any interest.
You might have better luck down in the classifieds section. Power Commanders usually move pretty quickly down there. They are always in demand. It's one of those things where, as long as it works, it doesn't matter much if it's used because you don't see it!

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT "Couch-a-Saki/Mini-Bagger"

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)
Romans5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #33
ZLRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
You might have better luck down in the classifieds section. Power Commanders usually move pretty quickly down there. They are always in demand. It's one of those things where, as long as it works, it doesn't matter much if it's used because you don't see it!
Thanks for the reply. I've posted it a couple times with no interest. The problem is the fact that it is specific for a 2008 - won't work on any other year. It is not eating anything so I'll post it again soon and maybe hit ebay too. Got a guy on another forum who might want to try it so sooner or later... lol
ZLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
55squarefour

Default "to do or not to do" that is the ?

Hey CMA rider - FYI, I don't have a fuel processor yet & see that a few days ago you installed yours, but here is my input on needing one. My V2K has had Hard-Chrome pipes since new (now has 28k) & I just recently installed a K&N air box kit. After reading alot of the forum posts telling me I must have all 3 for optimum performance, well, I am not sure that it's worth the extra money. I just did a 3 day trip of over 1100 miles to Texas hill country with a bunch of Harley riding buddies, some with the stage 2 or 3 kits ( & one on a Victory) My bike could leave them all at low speeds & smoke them at 80 - 100+mph top gear roll-ons on the freeway. I don't generally haul a$$ on my bike, but we have some 85mph legal speed limits down here ! I didn't notice any hesitation or lack of power w/o a processor, but cannot really tell you one can make a difference. I'm happy the way this beast runs. I think I'll put that money into a Mustang seat !!! Hope you get yours tuned to your liking - keep us updated.
55squarefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #35
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55squarefour View Post
Hey CMA rider - FYI, I don't have a fuel processor yet & see that a few days ago you installed yours, but here is my input on needing one. My V2K has had Hard-Chrome pipes since new (now has 28k) & I just recently installed a K&N air box kit. After reading alot of the forum posts telling me I must have all 3 for optimum performance, well, I am not sure that it's worth the extra money. I just did a 3 day trip of over 1100 miles to Texas hill country with a bunch of Harley riding buddies, some with the stage 2 or 3 kits ( & one on a Victory) My bike could leave them all at low speeds & smoke them at 80 - 100+mph top gear roll-ons on the freeway. I don't generally haul a$$ on my bike, but we have some 85mph legal speed limits down here ! I didn't notice any hesitation or lack of power w/o a processor, but cannot really tell you one can make a difference. I'm happy the way this beast runs. I think I'll put that money into a Mustang seat !!! Hope you get yours tuned to your liking - keep us updated.
When I bought my bike back in early 05, I put cobra shorties, thunder tornado air kit, and a pcIII on it.

Back around 08, I accidentally "nulled" out the pc map. Meaning it was running stock values (no map).

I ended up fouling out one of the plugs.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #36
CMARider

All I can say is WOW !! I put the PC III on last Saturday but had many other things I was doing at the same time so I had not had the chance to ride it.. I have gotten everything done but putting on the new air kit... I went for a short ride last night just to check it out.... WOW what a difference it made, I can't wait now to put the air kit on and reset it and ride again, it's almost like riding a different bikeeven the way it sounds is different... or maybe I just want it to be different... no, it's different... big smile here.. thanks guys for all your input and help ...
CMARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #37
smedlin
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012

Wait until you get the air kit installed (and then dyno'd). THAT is when you will REALLY notice the difference.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #38
CMARider

I hope installing the air kit will help gas mileage.... I went on a road trip today and fuel light came on at 149 miles .... that's not good !!!!
CMARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #39
whoaru99
Top Contributor

Probably not.

149 miles when the fuel light comes on is about 34 mpg. If you've been out seeing what your new fuel processor can do that wouldn't be unexpected, IMO. I usually don't get any better than about 38 if I drive normal (by my standards) and I don't have a fuel box. I get less, quite a bit less, if I'm running it like the beast it is.

On most V2K there is at least a gallon left, maybe a bit more, when the fuel light comes on.

Last edited by whoaru99; 11-03-2012 at 09:31 PM.
whoaru99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #40
V2Celt

Spoke with a kawa mechanic in Seattle who said if he had to choose 1 from pipes-air kit- fuel processor, he would put a k+n air filter on the V2K, he suggested ECU and stock pipes would handle it fine with some extra kick to boot. Dont want to run her too lean.
What do you guys think?
V2Celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement