What did you do to your Vulcan today? - Page 188 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums > General Vulcan Forums Discussions > General Vulcan Talk

Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #1871
1barron

I hope to get at least one more ride in Friday or Saturday if the weather cooperates.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” Tolkien
1barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #1872
Dean.sandells

Garage

Looking forward to receiving my sound system...nothing fancy, 2 x No 3' chrome waterproof speakers with a 250watt amp with built in fm tuner, and remotes.....also awaiting on my fiberglass panniers that someone is manufacturing for me
Dean.sandells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #1873
LZScout

Painted the adapter I made on order to use my motorcycle lift on my 800A.
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #1874
Gary W.
Top Contributor

Garage
Default My battery don't need no stinkin' water

Pulled the battery after getting back from a ride to see why I had to charge it before it would start. All the cells were BONE DRY, so they got filled with distilled water. Had been meaning to check this ever since I bought it about two months ago - not sure how it was even working at all.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #1875
C00lCountry

A few days ago while it was raining from the huricane, I wanted to stiffen my seat up a little.
I took it off and eased the cover off. I broke out my electric knife as well.
I started to slowly modify the seat. I had some Rebond foam and a few other density foam around.
Well I laid down and shaped the rebond first. I found it was to hard so went with another layer of softer on top. I even reinstalled the original seat cover.

I took it out finally today. I been wanting to ride all week but weather has not been good.
I found it to be nicer on the comfort area. I was only out and about 45 minutes or so but felt good in that time.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #1876
Steammaker
BOTM Winner, April 2014

I'm depressed, I've been under the weather lately with FLU like symptoms & have only walked by my Meany sitting in the garage for the last 7-10 days. Now thats complicated by PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) LOL I gotta get out & ride.......
Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #1877
Bennie07

Project for today: installed heat demons internal grip warmers. I was able to get them working by running them to the accessory feeds in the headlight bucket, but unfortunately those are always live. So tomorrow I'm going to try the accessory feeds near the seat. Hopefully those are switched, otherwise I'll have to get a relay & wire up a new switched circuit.

I had the warmers on for about 5-10 min, & I was disappointed to find that they don't really get very hot. Probably not the ideal solution for a Vulcan because the bars have such a thick wall, & paired with ISO grips.....not particularly effective. Better than nothing I suppose, it will at least take the chill out of the grips when its cold out.

I'll post up pics & walk through in a separate post.
Bennie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #1878
Gary W.
Top Contributor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie07 View Post
Project for today: installed heat demons internal grip warmers. I was able to get them working by running them to the accessory feeds in the headlight bucket, but unfortunately those are always live. So tomorrow I'm going to try the accessory feeds near the seat. Hopefully those are switched, otherwise I'll have to get a relay & wire up a new switched circuit.

I had the warmers on for about 5-10 min, & I was disappointed to find that they don't really get very hot. Probably not the ideal solution for a Vulcan because the bars have such a thick wall, & paired with ISO grips.....not particularly effective. Better than nothing I suppose, it will at least take the chill out of the grips when its cold out.

I'll post up pics & walk through in a separate post.
I know on the Vulcan 500 the accessory wires under the seat are also off the battery and not the ignition. Not sure why they did it that way - could have used those for my tach if they were switched.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #1879
BlueridgeRider
El Jefe

Garage
Talking Flipped the Switch to Go

Temps here in Central VA hit 50 today so its time to get on the bike and blow the stink off. There is snow on the Blueridge so it will be a valley ride today.
BlueridgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #1880
Bennie07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary W. View Post
I know on the Vulcan 500 the accessory wires under the seat are also off the battery and not the ignition. Not sure why they did it that way - could have used those for my tach if they were switched.
I checked the accessory feeds under the seat and they are indeed switched. That's the good news. The bad news.....I now get to try to fish the power cable for the heat demons under my gas tank.....fun!
Bennie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement