Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Sparking sound from front cylinder

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bosco 
#1 ·
I have Vulcan 900 classic Lt 2011. I have just done 2000 miles on it and recently it developed sparking sound in front cylinder. I have changed spark plugs, checked plug lead and adjusted teppits but the trouble persist. The bike performance is otherwise fine. Can anybody help with diagnose.

#9 ·
Haven't had my Vulcan long but noticed a clicking above and behind the air box near the front cylinder. Did some research and found that it's a system the puts air into the exhaust to burn excess fuel (AIS). There is an actuator in the system that opens a valve and that is the clicking I was hearing. It is irregular and may be what you are hearing too. It's normal if so. Somebody may be able to add to this with more knowledge than I have.

#10 ·
Ever since I installed my Air Intake System I hear alot more sounds. Injector ticking is more defined, as well as, what you mention above with the AIS. Under accelerating throttle seems I even hear the jugs sucking air like my compressor. I think the stock airbox used to insulate these sounds alot more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.