Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

If I'm going to participate in this forum

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Cheesefood 
#1 ·
__________________ "8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

That is ridiculous and morally offensive.

I don't think religious preaching should be allowed here. I came here to talk bikes. There are plenty of religious forums for people who feel they must spread their superstitions.:eek:

#2 ·
Wow, your third post and you want to start something like this? You ever hear of the second amendment? It's the one right after the first amendment; giving free speech. Don't come here and try to change things, we were doing fine before you joined. Talk bikes here and enjoy. God bless you. Now, I have to go work on my Nativity scene. Merry Christmas. Remember, Jesus is the reason for the Season!

#3 ·
God bless you Zig!

Thanks for the post!

Scott

#6 ·
WW your complaints aren't really worth adressing in a serious 'exchange of ideas' sort of way.

You are an intolerant.......**************.

Well, I don't need to get any infractions.:)

Your post is a flame.
Your complaints are insignificant.:)

Scott

#7 · (Edited)
Wicked, let's look at it this way. Romans is a top notch guy regardless of what he places in his signature or what he believes in. As for superstitions, I can tell you personally that I have experienced situations in which GOD was the ONLY logical explanation. There is no such thing as superstitions, good luck, karma, good fortune, alignment of the stars, coincidence, favorable random outcomes, Mayan calendars, etc. when it comes to the most malevolent things people can do and for some unexplained reason (even to themselves) they choose not to do the worst thing they could possibly imagine and do and change for the better.

Besides, I have seen worse in what people place in their signatures and if you don't want to read something or disagree with it then do so without trying to offend anyone yourself for the things you choose to believe in or not believe in. This is not a government forum; it is a public forum; basically then it was created for the people and by the people. Thus, there is no separation of church and state here. So please, just calm down, nobody has offended you except your own mind and ego and go salute your "HOLIDAY TREE" so you can feel better about it all and get back to us when you are ready to play nice.

Last but not least, Wicked, you used the key phrase "IF you choose to participate." Thus, IF you choose not to participate then you are also FREE to leave; no questions asked. Almost like a WORRY FREE GUARANTEE! It can't get any better than that for you! My opinion (as guaranteed to me by the U.S. Constitution and which I personally helped others to defend for all of our sake including you) is if it bothers you that much then you are free to leave and delete your membership. My other opinion is that you really need to mature and find peace within yourself to be as tolerant of others as you expect others to be of you.

Scott, you're right but sometimes people just say or do things to provoke a response from others. It is a lack of and need for attention. As Mr. T would say: I pity da foo!

#10 ·
all i will say to the OP is if ya dont like it here then leave and uhmm "dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!"

#11 ·
“Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.' Matt 5:11-12

So, let's see, Roman and Wicked both suggest we go riding together tomorrow. That is easy, I will go with the Roman who has shown his stature consistently.

Wicked, would you be offended if I wanted to talk about little bells on my bike to keep the road gremlins off? I thought not. It would be a short conversation anyway since I don't go for superstitions.

#13 · (Edited)
Hmm, this guy with that in his signature sounds like a pretty cool guy :rolleyes:

You know, in nearly 2,500 posts in this forum this is the very first time my signature or name has ever come to my attention like this, or been the subject of a complaint. I believe what I believe, that's very true. Obviously, my faith is something that is very important to me, and close to my heart. When people choose a name on a forum like this, they typically pick something that is important to them. After a few times of people asking in threads what that verse was, I just went ahead and put it in my signature. If anything, that keeps the posts on topic and NOT about the bible verse from which I get my namesake.

It's a quote from a piece of literature. For me, that literature means alot, for others, it's just an old book that doesn't mean much to them. That's what makes the 'free world' free, after all. The ability to believe what you want to believe. I am not the least bit concerned if someone does not find this verse as important as I do. I do not come here to preach, I come here to talk about motorcycles and chat with some fantastic men and women who have made this forum one of the greatest forums I have ever been a part of. The reason nobody has ever said anything, is because I have never given them a reason to. The scripture that I have posted in my signature is a passive reflection of what is important to me, just like, to a lesser extent, the motorcycles listed below it. I am who I am, and I am not about to change that. The only complaints I've ever have had stemmed from my role as a moderator, which is to be expected. We have rules that I have to enforce, some people don't like the fact that this is more/less a 'PG' forum, and that's okay too. I can get along with anyone. It's just business, if a rule is broken, I act on it accordingly. If not, I go back to arguing with pacomutt about seafoam or responding to each weeks half a dozen 'How do I winterize my bike' threads!

I am genuinely sorry if I have offended you, or made you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome because of my beliefs. That was most certainly never my intention. But I am not, however, ashamed of them. You are more than welcome on this forum, we'd love to have you here. You can certainly participate here even if your beliefs aren't mine. I live in the United States of America, and I love the United States of America and have never been bothered by a person who believed differently than me. I live in because I get to be who I want to be, and so it is my responsibility as an American Citizen to let others be who they want to be. I don't run this forum, I just enforce the rules and try and troubleshoot issues people occasionally have with the website.

However you proceed from here is up to you. We'd love to have you, I'd encourage you to stick around and find out that we are all very different around here, yet we all get along pretty good. If not? That's okay too. This forum is an excellent read even if you don't post. With whatever you do, I wish you luck!

As for me? Tomorrows high is 70, and it's hard to read the forums when you're riding :cool:

-John

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Interesting.

I'm an atheist, but I really don't get offended by Christians. I love Xmas, I'm good to my fellow man, I volunteer, donate, and do good. I love my wife and family and I'm raising my kids to make up their own minds on religion based on education.

I'm active in a beer brewing forum that is overwhelmingly non-theists. This one seems overwhelmingly theist. Hey, thats cool, I'm not hear to talk religion.

My only complaint against anyone's sig line is that most are too long. Don't need half a page of quotes and non-bike related explanations, but that's just my opinion.

So I see where Wicked and Romans are both coming from. I like Wicked immediately because he's down with the FSM, but Roman has spent more time proving he knows his stuff. Personally, I think I'd prefer both on a 500 mile ride, as we'd have a good argument to keep us occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.