Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

tsuyaku strong bags again

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  VicFlo 
#1 ·
SO I just picked up a set of the bags with no hardware for a ridiculous price. however no mounting hardware... they want $140 for the regular hardware easy/ ghost brackets are $147 at mean cycles. I don't even know if it will fit with my current LT set up (sissybar and drivers backrest) so I don't want to fork out the ponies. Has anyone made their own supports for the bags?

#2 ·
if you have the LT bag supports on there now then drill new holes and bolt them right onto those supports !!!
that is what some others here have done with their hardbags.

#3 ·
I started looking into that. test fitting them to the bike and they'll sit much higher than i'd like. I realized what it was that allowed others to mount them that way though. They got the bags meant for the easy brackets which are completely smooth on both sides. The regular strong bags have a larger lid and top bulges out on the inside about an inch to try and hide the brackets from the top view. I am still thinking of using my lt brackets and possible making a steel piece for them to hang off of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.