Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

lowering links?

10K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  07vn2000 
#1 ·
just curious, does anyone make lowering links for the vn2000 or is there a way to lower the back end of these bikes. The a$$ end looks way higher/bigger than I like, kinda like some of the women I see at the health club!:rolleyes:

#7 ·
Hey Paul need your op...did you have to make any mods to your Mustang seat after lowering the rear? Also, did you lower front too? How do you like it now compared to stock? I'm lookin at lowering mine as well. Ponch posted some great pics of the homemade kit. Yours similar?

#24 ·
LOL. Trust me mate, if it was visible, it would be shiny :)

it's been in the 80's here. Went bar hopping this past weekend with the wife (on the bike).

It could be awhile before I'm ready to tear down the bike. (Cant' just simply take the seat off and measure. Would have to actually take the drop off the bike.)

#29 ·
Yea, it's been getting down into the upper 30's here. Which is freaking cold! But, being Texas, it's back up to about 70 in the afternoon.

I DID try taking the link off a few weeks ago. I was (again) moving stuff around on the bike, and wanted to access the space under the shock. But I couldn't get that bolt out. I had forgotten it was a pain to put on.

The link is not a square/rectangle. It has "bends" that allow it to snug onto the mount. You'd be better off ordering one, measuring it in person, then returning it.

#32 ·
I'm gonna make a set next week. I'm not sure I like the way the originals are designed, so I may try some mods. Could take a few weeks to get it right. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like they would create lateral stress on the shock having no support on the swingarm side. Anybody had any shock troubles after installing lowering links?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.