Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Batwing windshild

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  angliam 
#1 ·
What size windshild do you have on your batwing? I'm running the OEM windshild on my LT and I think it's about right for hight! I'm 6'3". Should I get the 12" windshild? I'd hate to go to the batwing and get a bunch more wind noise, but I love the look!

#10 ·
Love that rear luggage rack with back rest, can ask what brand ?

#7 ·
I have the 9" shield. I am also 6' and can see fine. I have not installed lowers because I don't seem to have a issue with any wind noise. The Cobra pipes do a good job of eliminating pretty much any noise. I think I will purchase some however and see if I can tell any difference.
Thanks for the info.

#8 ·
i run a 9 inch for touring on my classic, it offers better protection from the elements during inclement weather, on my custom i run a 5 inch, more for looks, but this bike is just a day rider ... both fairings have the "ms" deflectors, and yes, they do make a difference. pics are available on my home page.

#9 ·
Thanks for the response!! I'm going with the 9" and lowers. Whiting, your baggers are the bomb!! Hope you don't mind me steeling your style. I've got the MU bags and I plan on two tone paint. They say that imitation is the best form of flattery!!

#13 ·
Thanks Gray!! Good reference!! Looks like the 9" will put the windshield about 1 3/4" lower than the OEM shield on the low setting. Should work!! Wonder if the ol lady will like me dropping another 5 hun on my scoot!! At this point I would rather pray for forgiveness than ask for permission!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.