Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

I'm no chrome whore

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  KahWahSahKey 
#1 ·
G'day mate. Just posting some pix of something I'm doing to my bike as I don't like to much chrome plus I'm reducing the glare factor from on top of my bike as it's annoying/distracting while riding down here in god's country, sunny Australia.
What this is is a product from Dupli-Colour called Shadow. It's a 2 pack black spray pac that turns chrome into a black chrome finish. At the moment, I've done the Speedo cover and 1 of the dog bowls.
Here these pix show the difference in darkness as the speedo cover has had 2 coats whereas the dog bowl has so far got 1 coat.
Let me know what you think....

BTW, the sticker on the right dog bowl is of the Southern Cross. Something that us Aussies easily recognise as being Australian :D

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Smelling. Technically it's still chrome, but with a very dark tint.....lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
Opps sorry smedlin for miss spelling ur name. Damn auto correction. ...

#8 ·
Thanx Vern. I'll post 2 different shades of the dog bowls later. 1 has 2-3 coats on it while the other had 1-2 coats.

#11 ·
KahWah, normal prep work was done. I used a scourer to clean the surface. Dried it off n then used a grease n wax remover before spraying.

#12 ·
Rick. There's no etching of the surface. Just prep n spray.
I may have over done it on one of the dog bowls, so I'll be trying to redo it.

#14 ·
Il Vaquero. I'm thinking the same. It's a trial n error thing atm.
Time to strip n respray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.