Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Hi folks new 03 classic owner

5K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  C00lCountry 
#1 ·
I am blessed to be posting here.It means that I am one of the lucky ones that gets to ride one of these fine machines.I pay homage to the original owner of my new ride.He put allot of $ and love into it and it shows.I will enjoy it for many years to come.I find myself just standing there admiring its sheer presents with a smile on my face. :):)

#8 ·
Kim, you have two of this best Rider combinations anyone could wish for. The Vulcan, who now is your mistress, and to live in the Shenadoha Valley awesome! You'll love that Bike. The best advice I can give, from a 2008 1600 Nomad owner, 35000 miles in three seasons. Change Oil at a Regular intervals ( Regular Viscosity Oil), Tires, Brakes when needed Clean Air Cleaner periodically. Just Ride it and enjoy. Don't make like a Mechanic and touch anything that is not necessary. A lot of owners are concerned about performance etc. Always messing with there Rides. Your Fuel Mileage will suck, but the enjoyment is Bliss. Always at least 91 Octane 93 perfect. It may Spark Knock regardless, but keep the Gears and Revolutions togeather. These engines like their momentum. Go for it. ENJOY!

#9 ·
Thanks for the advice FITZ01.It is awesome that I get the same thrill on every ride no mater to the store for milk or over the mountain it never wares out.So i know i will enjoy it as long as i Owen it. I am using some oil about 3/4 qt 2500 mi any ides or is this normal? thanks.

#10 ·
Kim its possible, Oil usage, but Its hard to believe. How many Miles are on your Ride? The biggest thing can be misreading the stupid site glass provided, if your model has this feature, instead of a measuring stick. You could be over filling the Crank Case. Do you Change your own Oil? Getting the Bike level, is the clue, and Hands free, to let it drain back(OIL). Make opposing Wooden Blocks, for the right side Frame, and one for the Kickstand. Leverage this Ride over till sitting level on these Blocks. Now you can walk away Hands free, letting it sit free style. Allows level Oil management on the site glass. You can use time to really look good. I got this Trick from Forums. Post your findings. Ride On!!!!!

#16 ·
Never to late to say "welcome from Va" Just east of Sperryville.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.