Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What are these wires?? 08 vn900

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kingnba6 
#1 ·
I had this under another topic trying to diagnose a problem. First I want to find out what was disconnected. I know at least one is from deleting the rear turn signals. Anyone with a Vulcan 900 care to look under their seat and help me figure out the others??
Auto part Engine Vehicle Wire
Electrical wiring Wire Auto part Technology Electrical supply
Wire Electrical wiring Electronics Technology Electronic component

Bike turns over but doesn't fire. Haven't done any testing yet. Took it on trade from guy that was turning into a bobber. Said it ran until he cut pipes too short. Just want to make sure these wires aren't anything causing the issue before getting my mechanic buddy over. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
The yellow wire is a short pigtail leading from the diagnostics connector. It doesn't connect to anything. What are the wire colors for the other connector/s you're looking at?

#3 ·
The black and gray plastic ones are for the rear turn signals.

M

#5 · (Edited)
The two unidentified wires are White with blue and a black with yellow. Double cannon plugs. If anyone could tell me what these are I'd appreciate it. View attachment 14826

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
They are the Rear Accessory Connectors. Goes to nothing on my bike, and nothing on the electrical schematic. There's another pair at the front of the bike. The white/blue wire is from the #1 fuse in the fuse block labeled Accessory Fuse 10 Amp. So that would be hot with key on; the black/yellow is ground.

p.s., they're not cannon plugs. These are cannon plugs!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...7nULzaOcuH0QGv_oGYDQ&ved=0CEUQ9QEwAQ&dur=2583

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.