Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Two most favorite topics on the forum...

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Cyclesarge 
#1 ·
#4 ·
now the question is which oil filter is the best silencer !!!!

#6 ·
At $75 for the adapter and $200 for the tax stamp; I don't see much of a market for this.

If you are a hit man and need a silencer on a regular basis; then spring for the real thing.

If you only need a silencer for that one special occasion ;) then there are cheaper ways to achieve the desired effect.

But, it does look like a fun way to spend the afternoon.:)

Scott

#8 ·
If no one else is going to say it I will.

Finally a good use for a Fram Filter :D . I wonder if WIX/NAPA filters do a better job at that too.

#9 ·
But is this a wet suppressor or a dry suppressor?

If it's a wet suppressor, wouldn't Amsoil be best? Everyone says Amsoil quiets their engines down, so would it quiet their gun as well?

Haha, neat idea I guess. Although he sure didn't really put it to the test. I've seen wet silencers quiet a .45ACP. My .22LR rifle sounds just like his 'supressed' .22LR rifle, they aren't loud guns at all. I'd like to hear it on a bigger round!

Probably need a K&N filter for that though LOL. Just don't let Kawasaki put the filter on. it'll be a permanent silencer.

#10 ·
I'll stick with the real deal myself. But I wonder, after folks seeing this video, how many garage machinists have knocked one off for that "special occasion?" :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.