Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New from GA

925 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Corigan 
#1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm a new-ish rider from GA. I've been on two wheels since June 1st, but I've already logged over 5K miles. I'm on a 2007 900 Custom and I ride almost everyday.

#5 ·
Currently McDonough, but I'm due for a move sometime in the next 7 months. I'll stay in North Georgia, but I don't know where exactly yet.

I'm always up for a ride. Right now I'm parked because I really need a new rear tire, but hopefully in the next two weeks I'll be back out there.

#6 ·
Welcome from Tennessee! I'm knocking on the KY state line, so other end of the state. Glad to see you are getting some miles in. Don't let those miles fool you though, we see too many that get a little cocky after getting a few k under their belts. Too often it doesn't end well, so stay sharp and keep riding!
And although you didn't ask, the riding classes will always teach you more, so don't be bashful about going to one - or more!

#7 ·
Thanks for the advice Old Bear.

I took MSF before I got my license or my bike. I've actually recommended it to several other folks along the way and I've gotten compliments on my riding skill (none of which will go to my head). Somewhere along the way I'll probably take another course or two.

But believe me, my head is always on a swivel. People in Atlanta don't know how to drive.

#8 ·
Maybe that not knowing how to drive is a Ga thing, feel like I take my life in my hands every time I go to town. Dont get me started on the 3 mile ride to work! Get your tire then message me if you plan to come to this part of the state, looks like your about 120 miles south of me. Be safe!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.