Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Part number help!

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  winstoncup 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, does anyone know this o-ring part number from the final drive of a '97 VN1500D?

The blow ups aren't much help, I replaced the leaking seal, but while I have it apart I want to replace this o-ring too as it's a little sloppy.

See less See more
#4 ·
Its not the 92055B part? that was what I was thinking, but no expert...

#5 ·
That's what I was thinking/wondering, but the blow-up shows it larger than the 92049A seal, however in real life it is smaller, so I was hoping someone who may have replaced it before would see this thread, I want to know for sure before I go shopping.

#6 ·
I sent the pic to my local Kawa service guys who do my maintenance... will post any response...

#7 ·
Thanks! I just got off the phone with one of my local dealers, even sent him the picture and he agreed that the blow-up does not do a good job with this o-ring, but he thinks its the 92055C in the blow up. Hopefully your guy will respond with the same, then I can order it. :)

#8 ·
for $5 a piece I believe I would order both and if its not one then its the other and you can return it or just consider the extra $5 as a convince fee of not having to deal with the extra time in case you ordered the wrong one.

#9 ·
Just heard back from the shop I work with, he said it is part number: 92055-1556

Hope that helps if not too late... ;) have a great long weekend all and thanks to all the Vets out here!

#10 ·
Thanks WC, I went down Friday and picked up the 92055-1646, which is a different color, but fits, when I looked up ...-1556 as your guy suggested, it is superceded by the -1646, so it looks like I am good.
Thanks all! Now to find some time to start puttng this thing back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.