Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

caddman mod sound

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Busboy 
#1 ·
OK.. we all know once you go to the caddman mod with the intake, you're going to have a louder, more airy intake sound. I have gone with the half-caddman and by no means do I not like the sound, but I do have one question. Right now, I just have the Spectre air filter in place. I would like to know if it can be any quieter with either going to the KN filter or to the Thunder or Baron air kit. Or are they all about the same and the upscale kits do nothing more than drain your wallet

PD

#2 ·
I dont remember a different type of filter making any difference.
You might try buying some standard lawnmower fuel line, about 16"(I bought 24")
at least. Cut that in half then put those pieces of hose on the ICS solenoid
intakes & run them into the crossover tube. It's a kind of bandaid,
takes the sound & moves it to the other side thats still enclosed...

#5 · (Edited)
With the caddman mod, the sound is the same with the K and N or Spectre filters. If you go with the aftermaket Thunder or Baron air mod the sound is def but I do not think any quieter. Check out the Chucksters intake mod like the caddman but you change the back plate, use a smaller K and N air filter and the stock air filter cover, I would think that would be the most quiet, has you have a smaller filter, so less air going in. I never tried it so I do not realy know, just adding to your opps.

#6 ·
MJ, I've got the Chucksters air filter mod on my Classic and you can still hear the air being sucked in to the engine. I think no matter wot u do after changing from stock air setup, u will still hear the noise of air being sucked into the engine. There's no way of quieting it down.
It's just like the old carby engines in cars wen u took of the air cleaner n reved the engine, u can always hear the air being sucked in.......

#7 ·
Actually, probably the only way u may be able to quieten the noise down would be to fit a different cover over the filter so that there is only a small inlet hole much like the air cleaners of old cars where they had like a snorkel/tube attached to the filter housing that protruded from the housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.