Votes: 7 5.9%

Votes: 24 20.2%

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Nothin'

Votes: 0 0.0%

What do you ride?

7K views 59 replies 37 participants last post by  HIstyleMEANSTREAK 
#1 ·
Just curious as to what everyone's riding.

#2 · (Edited)
I'll vote. V2K but I have previously owned a 04 1500 classic and 07 1600 mean streak.

#4 ·
I started in 2004 on a 83 650 Honda Nighthawk like this one.

#34 ·
Great Bike

I started out on this same bike in Black but i bought mine new as a leftover back in 1984. I sold it a few years later to finance my honeymoon with the First wife. I havent owned another street bike until i bought a 2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic this past June. I have since put over 3000 miles on it while riding on and around the Blueridge mountains here in Central Virginia. As an afterthought. I should have skipped the honeymoon and the first wife and kept the bike. It was a much better ride.

#5 ·
I started out at 8 on a otasco mini bike 5hp than an 67 honda70 to a 77 yamaha 100, than to a 80 kaw 185 twin cylinder 7 or 8th grade thought I had a big bike. Than were the cars bought a 85 susuki madura 1400. than kids 20 some year absence from biking. bought a 09 yamaha raider that is a big bike but not comfortable for the wife so now we ride a 2011 kawasaki Vaquero 1700 candy fire red. sorry for my babbleing just wanted to remembre the past

#8 ·
I was 19 when I started. I had never rode any dirtbike or any motorcycle before. Closest thing was a bicycle. My neighbor hooked me up with the nighthawk after his son learned to ride and got another bike. That is how he got it too from another neighbor who learned to ride on it. Needless to say it had 4 different owners they was no more than .5 miles away. I sold it to another guy learning to ride.

#7 ·
I wish we could view the users that voted so we could see who rode what. That would be neat.

#10 ·
I ride an 06 1500 Classic FI (Anniversay Edition) in ebony and galaxy silver.
Before that (years and years ago) it was a Kawasaki 200, then a Yamaha 200 electric.
Man I rode the hound out of those 200s in high school.

#11 ·
05 vn800b, bought new in feb. 06. Need just over 2,000 to have 100,000 miles on it. Rode my brothers honda 80 dirt bike a couple times back in the mid 80s, then my brother in laws 1100 v star about 750 miles over the 7 months prior to getting my 800.

#16 ·
FWIW the 900 forum is the most active on the site per our site statistics.

I do kinda wish we had a mandatory profile field (with 'none' being an option of course) for what you ride. Would be cool to kind of get a broader 'sample' of what everyone rides.

#18 ·
Or a sample of the most active folks. But there is a lot of others out there that don't post as often and may not have seen this yet. But I figured the 900 was going to be the most. From what I see here it is the jack of all trades and the master of none. Just a good all around bike

#19 ·
Well, sticky this post and make it mandatory to vote in here to become an active user.

I do like it that my 900 is in the lead. Good all around bike, plenty of power but not overpowering. But WTH do I know, I've never ridden a bigger bike.

#20 ·
After a 40 year layoff from dirt bikes, I got a Yamaha 650 Silverado Classic which I rode for a year to get my "Sea Legs" back. Then I bought a new 08' Vulcan 1600 Classic which I really love and still ride today! :D:D:D

#21 ·
It's also a sample of those who view the site via their computer. The poll doesn't show up on the mobile phone app. At least not the Andriod version. I have found since installing the app that I don't use the normal web version all that much.

Anyhow, I have a 2000 800 Classic. My only other bike was a 1982 Suzuki GS450.

The Classic has grown on me. I bought it because it was cheap and I really wanted something a little bigger. Also, I wanted to try a cruiser to see what I thought of them. Now that I have it sorted out and running fairly well the plan is to keep it a few seasons. It's a nice bike, pretty straight forward to work on, has decent power, and is fairly comfortable.

It will certainly do me well until I can find a full time job that feels like it will be permanent. It's amazing that even being a CPA isn't helping me find a job around here. Currently stuck doing temp work, pay is ok, but zero benefits is not fun.

#24 ·
no hits on the 750s. We go to have some 750s out there.

#28 ·
Well, based on how the internet works, we have all the makings of a perfect internet fact.

We have anecdotal evidence from several members, like myself, who have never owned a 750. We have a large poll where many members were asked, and none answered 750, AND we have someone asking the question.

Therefore, we can conclude with absolute certainly based on the rules of the internet, that nobody has ever owned a Vulcan 750. Phew! Case closed.

#29 ·
i do believe a new member signed up just the other day who rides a 750......

#30 ·
Can't possibly be true. We have anecdotal evidence and stories and a poll and everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.