Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

o2 sensors and fuel processors which one

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cobra 1 
#1 ·
i am a new member and have just bought my first bike a 2009 vn 900 custom se European version i have owned it about three months now and have just started adding a few toys and changes to it. i like the whole blacked out look on it so have added a black sissy bar and crash bar and black kuryakyn iso grips i have also replaced all the indicator lenses to clear and the tail light lens to clear as well my latest mod was to order a la choppers big air kit and i have also ordered a cobra fi2000r fuel processor as i am planning to replace the stock pipes with some vance and hines slash cuts in black also which i am yet to order i am a bit confused though because although my stock pies have the co2 censors in them and the slash cuts have ports in them to replace the co2 censors i am unsure as to which cobra fi2000r model i would need to use with the co2 sensors i have found out that the power pro version would not work and i have already ordered and paid for the standard one but after some research think i might need the arb California version i have also looked at another thread for bypassing the o2 censors with some resistors or o2 sensor plugs but would rather not do that if their is a right product for me to use with the sensors any information would be appreciated for a complete newbe to all this i have the order on hold so i can still change it thanks guys
cobra 1 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

#4 ·
thanks

thanks for the reply i would like to retain the co2 sensors in the pipes and am still none the wiser to what fuel management system would work although i think i might need one that works with a closed loop or overrides a closed loop does anyone know if the fi2000r does this or if their is another option or product
thanks guys for all your help

#6 ·
it looks like i am not going to be able to keep the sensors in so i am going to go the sensor eliminator route i don't want to just put a couple of resistors in and cobra only make eliminators for the 2000 which apparently don't fit the 900 so i found this alternative. their is a guy on eBay (bk racing parts) he sells a specific lambada (o2) sensor eliminators he didn't have them advertised for the 900 but i emailed him and he does sell them and does post world wide here is a link if any body is interested
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123
and this is the fitting guide it looks pretty straight forward
http://nitroxchips.com/eshop/info/O2EL.html
once they have arrived and i have installed them i will update and let you know how easy the install is and if they work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.