Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New Guy in Forum

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  MN-Rider 
#1 ·
Greetings from sunny/tropical Michigan!! Not. Glad to be a part of such an elite group of riders.

#4 ·
I have heard that the lift harbor freight offers works surprisingly well if you change out the front wheel support. They say you can get it on sale every now and then for 350, and almost all the reviews online seem quite positive. I've heard on other forums other guys trying them and liking them. Don't have one myself but I'm highly considering it.

Sent from my M865 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
the one I'm talking about is a full surface, not a Jack. You ride onto it, secure the front wheel into the tire chock ( that's what most people replace on that lift) and Jack the entire bike up. Only part of the bike that hits the lift is the tires. I don't know how to fix that with the oil pan and the motorcycle Jack, If it doesn't work on the frame you'd be looking at trouble trying to support the whole bike on the oil pan. I was thinking the full bike lift because I also have 2 squids (rockets) you can't use a Jack on without removing fairings. I'd suggest on your end trying to find a supporting mate for the Jack that will clear the pan and hit the frame.

Sent from my M865 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
Yes, lift tables are nice but what about engine removal? You need to get low enough to do that safely. Like you said adapters fix the problem of lifts hitting areas of the engine you do not want it to and just raise from the frame on the bottom.

#13 ·
While I don't own one, it claims a rating for 500 pounds. Neither of your wheels should weigh that much. Even a full dresser comes in under 900 pounds, and that is of course for both axle weights combined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.