Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What did you do to your Vulcan today?

697K views 5K replies 1K participants last post by  rossagge 
#1 ·
I gave mine a quick washing filled up with NO ethanol fuel and took a cold fla morning ride to breakfest. Seems for a couple of years now friday morning is the coldest day of the week? Still nice just being in the wind!!

#1,912 ·
How could you do such a thing Phil haha glad I'm not as far north as some... all I need is a little leather to keep me moving, never snows in SC well maybe one day in 3yrs so I guess some are just luckier then others when it comes to weather

Sent from my Nexus S using Motorcycle.com Free App

#1,916 ·
Yesterday I took the nomad out for one last ride, changed the oil, cleaned it up & prepared myself to put it away for the season. Got the bike on October 1st, and have put about 1500 miles on it through yesterday, & it would've been more had it not been for some sub-freezing mornings, which is normal for this part of the country. At some point next weekend it will go into storage until the spring, can't wait until its warm enough to ride again!

#1,922 ·
I hate winter!

Pulled the tank, changed the coolant, getting ready to add a powerport, cleaned and polished all the stuff under the tank. Planning a trip affectionately called "LWTL" Long Way to the Lake, through Nebraska to Old Faithfull to Devils Tower to the Black Hills then meeting the family in Okoboji, Iowa for weeks vacation. I hate winter!

#1,928 ·
Looks good Bama!

I took my ride for a good long ride today. We had 60F and partly cloudy skies, so I went over to a friends house and we rode. His bike was being stored in a bad place (and I didn't know it until yesterday), so today I have 2 bikes in my garage for the winter. I know my friend has piece of mind now, and that's good.

(Click to enlarge)

#1,931 · (Edited)
I prevented her from dying a premature death(poor thing sat there 7 days without being ridden!!) Temp got up to 40*F, so I donned my gear and rode 48 miles. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Now I feel better!! :flag:

P.S. ~~ I also finished "scuffing" my new Commander II rear tire.

#1,932 ·
It's amazing how the deeper into winter you get, and the longer you go in between rides... the lower your temperature tolerance gets! LOL. In the summer, when I ride and commute with my bike every single day, I might leave it at home on a rainy day. In the winter, it can be 32 and spitting snow but dangit... I gotta ride! It's been too long!

#1,933 ·
I wired in my Cobra Tach, replaces the left riser cover, it even works!!!

#1,935 ·
Washed my baby then rode around in the cold like a complete idiot!!! I'm 8^ or ate up as they say! I LOVE my Vulcan! Yesterday it was raining (for the 17th day straight) so I went looking at motorcycles. Or at least the gear, ya know? So anyway, I went to the HD dealership just to look and they had a 2008 fatboy limited edition...and ya know, I ALMOST wanted to trade my sweetie in...then I thought of all the great times we have had....the Natchez Trace all the way to Tennessee, drive to and from work, and my FIRST big bike to ever ride! Nahhhh, couldn't let her leave my side, PLUS I'd lose so much money switching. Maybe in a few years I'd have a change of heart, but no divorce for now! Besides, I like the quiet side of riding......I guess that's weird!!!!

#1,936 · (Edited)
...the Natchez Trace all the way to Tennessee,

Besides, I like the quiet side of riding......I guess that's weird!!!!
I am looking forward to riding the Trace "all the way" this spring.

I too like the quiet side of riding... or I like to ride quietly, enjoying not having to think about anything but the road.

Oh... today, I rode my Vulcan to work - it was only 32f and clear and dry. Unlike yesterday morning when it was covered with two inches of snow with more falling. Wet Winter wonderland at 7:30 am, mostly gone by 11:00 am and almost no indication it ever happened this morning. Got to love Mississippi weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.