Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Z bars?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  amsiegel 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have a 96 classic 1500 and I'm looking into z bars over the off season. I'm looking at the road6customs set. The big question is with stock risers what is the tallest bar I can put on without changing my cables???

#3 ·
Not sure how much this is going to help. My Vulcan is an 87 and the bars are 12 inches high from top curve to bottom curve. There is some space on the throttle cable to go higher but no room left with the break and clutch lines.

Just a guess but remove clutch or brake clamps and lift it up and see how much higher they will go.

#4 ·
It does help a bit. unfortunately my bike is in the shop right now due to a broken shift fork (thank you previous owner) im guessing I can get 12's in there (I hope) otherwise im gna have to settle for ten inch minis i think

#5 ·
One other thing. The bars where on the bike when I got it. As far as I can tell the lines look original.

Also remember farther foward or back and the angle of the bars will effect the amount of length you can play with. On my last bike (sports bike/cbr) there was very little play in the length og the lines and could only put in a one inch riser with out doing any modifications (cutting tabs) over an inch and a half new cables where need.

So when you get back just remove the clutch and break housing and see what type of range you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.