Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Flush mount LED kit for the VN900 rear fender

15K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  wassupitaly 
#1 ·
We are working on a new product for the Kawasaki VN900. This flush mount LED will offer running, brake and turn functions. We will also have an option to mount your license plate up under the rear fender for a cleaner more custom look. This product retails for $235 and should be ready in the next couple of weeks. We would like to offer everyone a chance to pre-order this kit at a discounted price of $175. If you are interested please email us at Sales@LowandMean.com or you can call us toll free at 1-855-880-6660

See less See more
#4 ·
Another question, Would you guys consider making the Bottom tree cover for the Vulcan 900 like the Stryker? I would like to have one of those with the LED's for the turn signals also for my Vulcan. I know the stock bottom tree on the Custom has tapped holes in it already.

Just a thought. Thanks again

#7 ·
I wish our plates up here in BC fit in those.....I would be tempted!

#15 ·
The Pre-order will last till we get the product up on the website. This should take 2 weeks. Once it's up on our website the price will go to retail and it will be offer to our dealers.
You can Pre-order by emailing us at Sales@LowandMean.com first paid first served. You can put in your request, we can save you the discount for an additional 30 days.
Thanks for your continued interest.
LM
Sales@LowandMean.com

#16 ·
Yes, we will offer smoked, clear and red. The light is 19" long, the brake function is 6.33" and the two turn signals are 6.33" on each side. We can also offer extra LED's to stick on to the license plate frame for an additional $45.

We hope to have a video up next week on the light, the install and the function.

Thanks for all the interest. We will work hard to make this happen asap.
LM

#21 ·
Hello, I have answered your questions in blue.
#1 I understand the LED lights are red, but how does the smoke tube accentuate the lights. I mean do the LED's shine as bright through the smoked tube as the red tube? Do you have a pic of the smoked tube with the lights on? The LED's are very bright and they work excellent during the day or night. The clear and the red tubes are a bit brighter then the smoked, but the smoked has been most popular.
#2 Also, I was thinking of buying a rear integrated led light with turn signals built in to replace the stock rear light. Do you think this is necessary if I purchased the led strip from you? I do like the look of the led's but I just want to make sure that the turn signals are easily seen. That's why I was thinking of just buying the replacement LEd integrated rear light. With our kit the LED are more spread out and brighter. There are 150 running LED's in this strip, 60 for brake, 45 for left turn, 45 for right.
#3 Can I just purchase the license plate mount, black cover, and plate light - not the led strip, or is it a whole package deal. We only sell it in a package deal, our bracket hangs down below the fender for the LED strip, without the LED the kit would look funny.

#22 ·
Is there any plans to make something like this for the 900 Classic? I really really like the look of this, but I have a classic. Also, are these lights DOT approved? Will a bike pass a state/provincial inspection with them?

Thanks

#25 ·
We do not have plans for the classic at the moment, but if you guys like this then we can do the same for the Classic.
The LED's are not DOT approved and you will have to check your state's rules to know if this product will work for you. I can tell you that I have not had one returned because safety inspection issues.

Thanks for the questions.
LM

#23 ·
is the LED strip for the 900 custom just turn signals or is it the break light too? Since the Stryker does not have a tail light that the 900's do, "which looks awesome btw", a full delete is not really practical in our case. But just having the strip act as the turn signal on our tapered fender would look really good imo.

#24 ·
The LED strip has 150 running LED's, 90 LED's for both turns and 60 LED's for the brake light. We can make this a half and half, but we have found the 45 LED's on each side is brighter then the stock lights and so we left the rest of the LED's for the braking function.
LM

#26 ·
Thanks for the answer. One more question before I order. I have purchased an integrated brake light with turn signals. This light also has wires to hook up existing turn signals as well. Would these wires on the new tail light still work with your led light hookup instructions? If they do not and I order, can I return? Thanks for your reply!

#30 ·
We do not offer a direct electrical plug in, but we will offer very good video instructions to show you how we wired it into the motorcycle.

We are still work out the detail for the video, but we do have a video for the V Star 950 LED light kit which does show the function of the kit.

Thanks for everyone"s continued interest. Please contact us today to get in on this pre-order special price for the Kawasaki VN900 Rear LED Light kit from Low and Mean.
LM
Sales@LowandMean.com

#32 ·
Any plans to make one for the Vulcan 1500A? Neat product you have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#40 · (Edited)
I emailed the company with some questions about the legality of the lights in NC and didn't get a response. Not even a "we'll look into it and get back to you". I will look elsewhere for custom rear light options...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.