Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Oil Change

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ItsMePaul 
#1 ·
Changed oil to synthetic Amsoil 1 year ago at 900 miles. on new V2K. Now 1 year later have 5200 miles.. How often do you all change the oil? Recommendations? I figure change once yearly regardless of mileage. For $80 isn't worth the effort and engine protection?

#8 ·
The color of the oil isn't necessarily an indicator of it's 'life', only a used oil analysis can do that.

My 'advice' would be to not exceed the OEM recommendations. Though Amsoil markets that you can run 2x OEM recommendations, up to 12 months. Lots of people do that without problems.

As for me? I do it about every 5k, so it works out to be about 4 times a season. I change the filter each time. She runs good, runs cool, shifts smooth, can't complain!

#10 ·
I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling about 7.5k miles the manual says. When I got a little over 5K I noticed my trans feeling and sounding clunkier. I got it in April this year so I do not know if I was just getting around to noticing it since the new rubbed off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.