Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

got it wired up.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tony G. 
#1 ·
I got the bike all wired up per wiring diagram. now all i need is a battery and a rear coil. hope this project pays off. bought the vn800 for really cheap. so we shall see. hoping the motor and trans is good. If not then i decide what to do...

#2 · (Edited)
How much is cheap?

Buy the IC's while you can.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271072490909?hlp=false

https://www.google.com/search?q=ign...d67b07dc6c486c&bpcl=39314241&biw=1241&bih=593

I've got a brand new extra battery that I bought because I had the credit and they wouldn't refund me the money at the dealership. I always keep an extra on hand for all the bikes. Needless to say I dislike that dealership because they gouge the customer any way they can and so that was the last transaction with them. Don't know if you would be interested but like I said it's brand new and have receipt. If not I can sell it locally without any problem.

#3 ·
and $250 cheap. guy was moving. Hell if motor is shot (shouldnt be cuz it turns over etc) the bike has enough aftermarket parts to make a hell of a profit. Custom bars. vance & hines pipes etc list goes on. guy just had everything wired bass ackwards so hopefully it was a good investment

#4 ·
I hope you keep this thread going. Not only am I interested to see what the problems are, but would love to see you riding a bike for $250 . There is hope for all

#5 ·
Well I know I have to put money into it i.e. tires fluids etc. but I used to do this all the time when i had my shop. buy bikes for so cheap it seemed stupid fix them and ride them. have a rideable reliable bike for 1/4 of the cost it should be. If all goes well I will have this bike done for around $1000 total investment. It helps I do all the work myself including fab work and paint.

#6 ·
I got a mustang like that one time. It was an 02 model with a V6. The girl I purchased it from said the shop told her it would cost like 1.5k to fix and she did not want to full with it and got another car. Well I went and check it out and purchased it. I replaced 2 wheel bearings, brake pads, Coil Pack, wires, plugs and had to weld up the exhaust manifolds. In total I had 2.8k tied up in the car. I drove it for 1 year and traded it even to a person for a full size GMC Pickup.

I have never been able to score a motorcycle like that but I have had some luck with vehicles.

#7 ·
the P.O. just called said he has the other coil i am missing and a repair manual plus other spare parts he has collected. so I need to find a battery and go from there now. They are pretty cheap out my way so maybe will be done soon then i'll start doing fab work to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.