Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Front Wheel Switch

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  foxbat 
#1 · (Edited)
How big of a deal is it to switch front wheels from a 800b to the wheel from an 800a? I know I have seen a thread about it on here before but I cant seem to find it. Is there a difference in axles, bearings etc? Also what about the brake rotor and caliper?

Im working on my 800b over the winter.
This is kind of the look im going for, but Ill use 12" tall bars and also plan to use a batwing.

If anyone would like to work a trade, wheel for wheel I would be interested.

Thanks

Sean

Edit
I just realized there is a recent thread where someone went the opposite way, from 800b to 800a

#3 ·
Hi Foxbat

If you want put an A wheel into a B model all you need to change is the wheel bearings the B model has a bigger diameter axel .
Or if B to A its still a bearing change.
You will also need to source a fender and strut brace I went the other way A to B.

You will also need to swap the bearing dust seals over.

#5 ·
Hi Foxbat

If you want put an A wheel into a B model all you need to change is the wheel bearings the B model has a bigger diameter axel .
Or if B to A its still a bearing change.
You will also need to source a fender and strut brace I went the other way A to B.

You will also need to swap the bearing dust seals over.
Thanks, how about the rotor? Does it bolt up ok?

#9 ·
Yep, the brake disc. I sometimes forget that even though we speak the same language a lot is still different. I love to watch Wheeler Dealers, but I swear sometimes I dont know what the hell they are talking about.:confused: I would guess that they wouldnt understand my Kentucky drawl either.:eek::)

Thanks for the help.

Sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.