Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Voyager Owners Thread

157K views 646 replies 117 participants last post by  rick 
#1 ·
I figure since the Vaq guys have their thread - Why not? Post Voyager specific questions/info here . . .:D

#107 · (Edited)
Ride to Race 2011

Just a little Youtube video from my first "long" trip on the Voyager - Last October Ride down Skyline Drive out to Richmond - Do a little Racing - then ride back out to the mountains through Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania - 1200 miles in 3 days . . .

#109 ·
#108 ·
WOW--WOW Nicely done!

#110 ·
Quick and Easy iPod mod. I hated dedicating my whole left glovebox to my tiny iPod nano. I pulled out the entire glovebox and removed the rubber grommet where the iPod connection cables come through. I used a dremel to made a wide, flat slot just big enough for the iPod connector to fit through, pulled the iPod connector though the hole and pushed the other parts and connectors behind the glovebox. I screwed the glovebox back and now the only thing in the glovebox is the tiny iPod nano.

In an earlier post I mentioned that i could not get the Nano to play in a shubffe mode. To do it, connect the nano to the bike and select your playlist on the bike. Turn off the bike, grab the nano and select the same playlist and hit the shuffle icon. Turn the bike back on and it will be on that playlist in shuffle mode. I don't think you can change playlists on the bike without getting it to play in order of artists again.

#114 · (Edited)
#118 ·
#119 ·
Took the scoot to the shop to get the E3 put on yesterday evening. Hopefully pick it up this evening.

#120 ·
Keep us posted on the E3 - I'm gonna need a tire soon . . .

#122 ·
Well I'm running a set of WW 407f 408 Lops I have put on 10.000 k that'what I had when I changed the OE stones. Replaced both as a set. The rear was done to the wear bar. So far they are barely showing wear. I hope to get another 10k out of them. Love the wide whites

#123 ·
First I apologize for the frustration some of you experienced by me being away for a couple of weeks; it couldn't be helped. I finally found time to take photos of the brake line that burst causing me to lose my rear brakes. Unfortunately, what I see and what the mechanic described are two different things. As far as Maw Kaw, they basicly told me to go screw over the "range indicator." It is not over! Their "customer service" rep was more interested in arguing and disrespecting me than resolving the issue. He finally admitted he has never rode a Voyager. Imagine that!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Hope the photos help you inspect your own brake line.

Safe Ride,
Dubi Loo

#125 ·
Have any of you changed your windshield from the stock? I'm looking at Clearview with the vent, and Cee Bailely's. Anyone have experience with either one? If so, please share to help me make my choice.
Thanks,
Safe Ride,
Dubi Loo

#126 ·
have a Kawi 12" windshield on and I love it! Much better air and view

#127 ·
Dubi- I also have the clearview and am very pleased with it.
I have the vent, but cant really tell just yet if its needed, or useful.

#128 ·
Ive got the Clearview and really enjoy it.
I dont know if the vent is really needed or useful.

Attachments

#129 ·
I've done vents on other touring bikes and they may help with buffetting some, but don't really provide much in the way of cooling wind. The best way to get more air at the rider is with the baker built air wings. I don't care for the way they look for the Voyager but I had them on my last bike and they were awesome at getting air behind the fairing without adding any buffetting.

G
#135 ·
I am picking up a new 2011 Vaquero later today and need some suggestions on up grades.

I know I want to replace the stock pipes, and I came from a VTX1300 with Bubs. Which would be better? Cobras or V&Hs?

What other upgrades would everyone suggest?

Btw.... What are the pinstriped wheels I see in users lists of upgrades?

#136 ·
I am picking up a new 2011 Vaquero later today and need some suggestions on up grades.

I know I want to replace the stock pipes, and I came from a VTX1300 with Bubs. Which would be better? Cobras or V&Hs?

But..... you're in the Voyager Owner's thread....... :D

#139 ·
You can not pass! Haha....
No, I couldn't. ;)

Did you get it? I came from a VTX1300 to a VV last June. No regrets! My sig has all of the mods I have made....so far... ;)

#142 · (Edited)
Wanted the ask the group if anyone had upgraded the crappy horn that the Voyager comes with...I was looking to upgrade with a Stabel Air horn
Oh Yes many of us have gone to the strebel horn and there are other brands that others have gone to. I myself went with the strebel air horn and very happy with it. Unless you have installed a thunder air kit you would not be able to install it where I did. So check out this thread of what others have done.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22491&highlight=Horn

#141 ·
I installed the Wolo Bad Boy (or Big boy?) that I bought at Advance Auto Parts. I didn't wire with a relay, just used the stock wiring and attached it using the same hole and bolt that the stock horn mounted to (I think I may have had to drill a hole in the horn housing) At any rate, a 20 minute job, maybe 4 or 5 times louder.

#143 ·
I tried it both ways. First with the stock wiring and it worked but I could tell it needed more amperage. So when I ran a hot wire run the battery to the relay to the horn it was much louder. It's the proper way to do it. Just saying.

#145 ·
Laughing out loud. :laugh:

#146 · (Edited)
#149 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.