Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Blue Sky 
#1 · (Edited)
Just in case anyone is near SoCal.

I am selling my Mean Streak. It is a 2008 year model, but I bought it brand new off the showroom floor in May 2011. It is a 1600cc V-Twin and currently has 11,844 miles on it. The bike runs great and has only been out in the rain for about 2 minutes when I got caught in the rain coming into my neighborhood. I have always kept her in my garage.

I have all the maintenance records and have been using Amsoil oil and filters. Oil changes were at 600, 5,000 and 10,000 miles. I also have 5 quarts and a couple new filters that will go with the bike. I just bought new tires at the 8,000 mile mark.

I have added the following aftermarket items:

1. Cobra Mini Sissy Bar
2. Memphis Shades Big Shot Windshield
3. Baron Engine Guard
4. Kuryakyn Daily Bag
5. Breakaway Cruise Control

More info about the bike can be found here; http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/kawasaki/cruiser/2008/vulcan-reg-1600/mean-streak.html

The above accessories add up to over $700. I am asking $6,900 for all.

Frank

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Do I understand you post that you only changed the oil 3 times in 11,844 miles?
Phew, you had me worried there for a minute. I thought I was WAY overdue on my oil changes. I'll keep my bike if I can't sell it and I certainly don't want to be doing anything wrong Mx wise. I am very anal when it comes to stuff like that.

Frank
Frank, you are fine. 7500 is under ideal conditions which according to the API is about 2% of driving. 3750 would be Severe Service Limits.

With using AMSOIL oil and filter, you are perfectly fine to take it to 7500 so you are more than safe at 5000.

Just for a little reference, these are the change intervals on my bikes, verified by oil analysis... 8000/1 year on the Yamaha.. 16,000/1 year on the Honda and 10,000 on the Harley.

The Harley is used like a Mack truck. It is an Ultra, I never pull the lowers even in 100+ heat, pull a 4x4 trailer full of oil and frequently go down the road at well over 2000 lbs.

Enjoy and ride on with confidence as you are using The Best oil and filter available.

Oil, is the Lifeblood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

#4 ·
Don't get me wrong I'm not judging!! One or both of us is doing it wrong. I've been doing mine like a car @ 3000 miles(or less @ times) I do an oil & filter change. Admittedy I've not consulted the manual I just figured, Go figure.. LOL

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.