Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Changed from 09 Nomad to 12 Voyager

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  twowheeladdict 
#1 ·
I traded in my 09 Nomad for a 2012 Voyager at the end of September. This was a good change for me. I don't ride in the city. I have a stop and go commute to work which is no fun on any bike. I prefer to tour and living in Calgary Alberta close to the Rockies makes for great rides. I do weekend rides and a couple of week tours every summer. My wife joined me for a 4 day ride through BC on the Nomad this summer and she loved it! It was her first tour on the back and wants to do more rides. If she is travelling with me, we'll need more luggage space. Imagine that :) I got a deal on the Voyager in Vancouver and did a 4 day tour on the Nomad through Montana, Idaho and BC to make the trade and rode the Voyager back. I loved the Nomad power, handling and especially the styling. But the Voyager has been a pleasant surprise. They may share the same 1700 engine, frame and transmission, but the Voyager seems to be smoother with more power and a less clunky transmission. I guess Kawasaki has been listening and has made some improvements. I swapped the passenger seat as I have a Utopia backrest which I wanted to keep and the Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs. I am surprised at how much I like the fairing compared to the windshield. Much less wind buffeting and the bike seems more stable at highway speeds. I didn't get a chance to put many miles on the Voyager before the snow came. Looking forward to next season and we're planning a ride down to California.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Beautiful bike and beautiful scenery!

I would love to take a trip through B.C.

Scott

#4 ·
2012 Nomad here. I've noticed the wind buffeting on my windshield also. Beautiful bike and unbelievable view! We don't have mountains here in Florida!

#6 ·
It will be a few years before I have that kind of riding time.

I have a 12yr old.
The wife and I can take a weekender here and there.
But, major vacations, for now are still in the cage.

Scott

#7 ·
Hmm...yeah, I don't know Vulcanskier. I think you should have gone with the Bergman. Then you wouldn't have to worry about all that clutching in traffic and the heat issues and you could ride to work with the rest of us manly men. I went Darkside and got some Blizzaks fitted. I think I'll ride in Monday.:p

Attachments

#8 ·
Canada is the one place I allways wanted to go and see. I have a 06 nomad and have been looking at getting the new voyager also. So I have been making it a wannabe voyager with trunk and lowers. No batwing fairing yet. When you come to calif look me up. I live two hours away from yosemite.

#9 ·
I have a 2010 Voyager and have had an '09 Nomad. The Nomad is great when you pull the windshield and ride it in the wind. Didn't like looking down to see how fast I was going. I now think I have the best of both words. The Voyager with the Nomad backrest.

Better handling than either bike stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.