Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vulcan 900 Pics!!!

2M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  Mark-Tulsa 
#1 ·
Hey guys.... how about we start an official thread of Vulcan 900 pics... I would love to see some examples of what you're riding!!! :D

Post them up... don't be shy!

#2,067 ·
What a difference they make in comfort! LA Choppers "Hefty" Bars. 1.25" diameter, 14" high on 1.5" risers. (yeah, I know, mirrors gotta go).

That is a sharp looking 900!

Finally, a sharp looking 900 Custom that ISN'T black on black with blackblackblackblack... you know... trying to be unique like everyone else. (haha, just teasin' all 9 trillion of you blacked out 900 guys... it's just not my style, and I realize I'm in the obvious minority! LOL)

But seriously, that is a sharp bike! I love that back rim. Love the chrome and blue too!

You can never have enough chrome! And you can never have enough stuff that isn't black...

I'm tempted to dye my tires. So sick of looking at black motorcycles... :p

Actually I love everything about your bike. I have to say that's one of the best looking 900 Customs I've seen. Not sure what it is about it. Have you ever entered it in the bike of the month?

#2,068 ·
Romans5.8, I laughed out loud for a good 5 minutes with the "black on black with blackblackblackblack..." :D Enough people seem to dislike my sage green, but at least it's not black on black with blackblackblackblack. (Which was my second choice coincidentally... :p)

Great looking bike Greeneggs, that plasma blue was the original color of my bike as well.

#2,069 ·
The sage green would look awful without that tan seat. That seat really pulls your bike off, pulls it all together. It's sharp looking!

You might think this is odd but I really think some stained wood accents of some type would really look cool on your bike. Wood and brown leather fit that color really well.

#2,075 ·
I want to see Romans painted tires LOL

#2,077 ·
Jealous of that Pacific Coast drive. One of my regrets while being stationed in San Diego is that I didn't take a 3-4 day weekend to do the drive up and back.

#2,092 · (Edited)
Some other pics

Here are some other pics, the mods are not unique but it's getting where i want to.
This pics were taken at Panama Canal Gatún Locks. And that´s my wife.

The MODs I´ve done so far are: Full debaffle, iso grips, integrated back light, license plate holder and turn lights removed, back rest.
Next MODs, Looking for the right front turn lights, i want to get rid of the stock ones.

By the end of the year i´m getting the butt budy(anyone has any input on this).

The pipes (not shure wich ones) i want similar sound i have with full debaffle, i just want to get rid of those extremely thick pipes, but i really like that throaty sound, have´nt heard any aftermarket pipes sounding like that, maybe is the thikness what´s producing that sound.

Saddle bags still looking for the ones that go with the shape of the bike.

Maybe next year will change the color of the tank and fenders.

Attachments

#2,095 ·
That's a good lookin' Custom!

Here's with the hard bags on, which I think really compliments the tour pak well. When with Mutazu HL bags, excellent match. Painting will come but I don't think they look bad black, the stock leather bags were black!

#2,114 ·
hehehe, good suggestion.
Long walk.
I have had a couple of inquiries in regards to how much I want for it if I sell.
No idea on what it would be worth. I suppose the same as the equivalent stock model.
But first I need to ride it. I never had this type of bike. I normally ride a Brutale.

#2,105 ·
You really need to post that bike in the next Bike of the Month contest..

#2,107 ·
Gee guys....
I wasn't sure how this thing was going to be accepted in public but your reaction is so far very positive.
Thank you.
The color appears to be red but that's the camera playing tricks. It's actually bright orange and trust me that the photos don't do it justice. I sit in the garage hours on end appreciating it.
It is not yet finished, as you can see by some of the shots.
I am still waiting on some rubber mounts to arrive from the States to finalise the mufflers.
I carved the seat from the original one by cutting the base down and then using my wife's electric carving knife to shape it. Didn't go down too well with her but, hey, a man has to do, what a man has to do.
Here are a couple more pics of during.

Attachments

#2,108 ·
A few pics of my '08 Custom

Been on here a few months now, thought I'd post of couple of pics of my bike. Just bought it in June, after being on all fours for the last 20 years. Getting the death wobble at 120 on my '78 KZ1000, scared me back to 4 wheels! :eek:
It's got 44k on it, had 41k when I bought it. Original owner added the windshield, sissy bar, and saddle bags, all I've done, so far, is add a Mustang seat. The stocker...., well you all know about the stock seat. :rolleyes:

Attachments

#2,111 ·
Been on here a few months now, thought I'd post of couple of pics of my bike. Just bought it in June, after being on all fours for the last 20 years. Getting the death wobble at 120 on my '78 KZ1000, scared me back to 4 wheels! :eek:
It's got 44k on it, had 41k when I bought it. Original owner added the windshield, sissy bar, and saddle bags, all I've done, so far, is add a Mustang seat. The stocker...., well you all know about the stock seat. :rolleyes:
Geez Vul - you had me worried!
I just ran out into my garage to make sure my bike was still here!
Thought you might have taxed it on me!
My photos are a bit further up this thread.
Can't beat a red vulcan huh?
Red, black and chrome just goes so well, so well together ...