Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Bobber 900 Classic

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  doubleminded 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I like the look but not sure about the ergos...you'd have to lean over to reach the bars? I'm short and the stock bars fit really nicely for me, but I am thinking about swapping them to change the look of the bike, but I'm afraid to change the ergos!!

Nice thing about this kit is it looks like you can do it a bit at a time, rather than fork out $2000 all at once..

#7 ·
Im a big guy and I ordered the large seat... I don't have any issues with it at all. I would recommend ordering the large seat no matter what size you are since the tank on the VN900 is large. A small saddle will look odd in my opinion.

The only real modifications that are require is the chopping of the rear seat struts. Once its done, its done, so be sure that its what you want to do. I would never go back. I have four bikes and three of them are solos.

The handling isn't effected by removing the rear seat struts.

#8 ·
Very nice job you guys. I've been working on my 1500 and plan on a hardtail frame this winter. I really like that rear fender Blue Collar has. I'll be ordering one to see if it will fit my 1500. I contacted them but they only say it fits the 900 because they haven't tried to fit it to any other bikes. Seem like a nice bunch though.
Once again, very nice job !

#12 ·
I too am a huge fan of bobbers. i just love the looks of them. when i started my search for my first bike i knew iy had to make a great bobber. so i came across the 12' vn 900classic se. wow! what a beautiful bike. besides it looking pretty damn sweet, its a super reliable ride. its been 4 months with her and i couldnt be happier. havent had the time or the funds, but lil by lil shes gonna start the transformation into a bobber. i, however plan on fabricating most of the parts myself with the help of some buddys. it'll be awhile until i start the process but i have alot of ideas on the route i want to take. i'll keep you all posted on the process. ride on brothers

#13 ·
dont like the pipe wrap,the crummy rear fender struts,or sidemount taillights.I like the front signal lights and the spoke wheels.I like the low and mean rear fender treatment a lot better.Everyone is different.once you chop off the rear of the frame you ruin the bike in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.