Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2006 Vulcan Classic 1500 question

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  aencsr 
#1 ·
I can't seem to find a fuel filter online anywhere for this bike. I've been searching for about 30 minutes now with no luck.

Can anyone help a brother out? I'm assuming this is a stock part available at the dealer, but I'd like to get some idea how much $$$ it will be before I show up.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Why do you think you need a new fuel filter ? Mine is still the original from "97 and it is feeding a huge carb with a lot of flow and still it does its job fine ! If you have a problem, I seriously doubt it is from the fuel filter, and, The steeler knows already that you think you need one and has marked the price up just for YOU !
If you really need one take yours off and go to the local auto parts store or better a NAPA, show them what you need and have them fit for the hose and the strap fitment.

#3 ·
First, my bike is fuel injected so I don't know if that changes your response.

What I've been having is a problem with "chugging" while riding. Took the pump assembly out of the tank, took the fuel filter out & what came out of it is brown as Mississippi River water. My buddy looked at me and said, "That's not supposed to look like that...there's your problem."

This is a guy who tears apart his truck engine on a weekend just to clean it...for fun! So I take his opinions pretty seriously.

Nice idea on going to NAPA though...I may have to try that.

#4 ·
#6 ·
That sounds like a good reason to change it to me for sure !
I'd be leary about some of my fuel sources then too as it may be one of your fuel stops may have a badly contaminated holding tank.
I found a station once, a little place that was quite old, when I pumped gas it appeared very dark and I suspected that they were recycling old oil into their holding tanks for extra profits. They also were very near a bay so their ground water could have been brakish and tanks corroded. My bike sputtered some on trip home !

#7 ·
I think the main problem with mine is that it has 23.4k on it & it has never been changed. Also it started doing this after it was painted back in March...and there were STILL flakes of paint in the tank as of last night!

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G, but not while riding!

#8 ·
i dont think that filter will stand up to the pressure of a fuel injection system.....it says right in the description that it is for carbed engines.....

#10 ·
the filter is not listed as a seperate part by kawasaki....it only comes as part of the fuel pump assembly

#12 ·
thats what I would try first...

#16 ·
Ok I have a fi 2006 kawi also with issue of dirty fuel and the question is can you use a carbed filter in a 50~60 lb. fuel injected engine over carb version filter. They look the same or similar. But what is the FI version.filter? I have ran p/n series #, and all that but no answers.I have 12,000miles on mine with the engine rebuild .Can anyone tell me if the filter is just a mesh screen or a paper element that can withstand those pressures. There is also a second screen in the TBI Manifold that traps additional junk you may have to clean out. FI systems are sensitive to small particulate debris.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.