Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Gone to the darkside

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  JK37110 
#1 ·
Just went over to the darkside. Think I'm going to like it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
JK.....Hope you like the ct and it works out well for you. I really wanted to try one on my VN900 Classic LT and put the suggested 195/65R15 General Altimax on this past summer. The past two years I have put 12,000 to 13,000 miles on the bike each year here in Ct. (retired and I love it) and I thought I would be glad to get more miles out of a rear tire. Anyway, I put a little over 1,200 miles on that ct at all different pressures from 32 lbs to 42 lbs and back down. Sometimes I could ride for two or three days and thought I felt OK with the way it acted. And then, whether it was road surface or whatever, it would scare the crap out of me. Replaced it with a Michelin Commander and have had no more worries. I seldom see anyone post anything other than glowing remarks about car tires on bikes but this is how it worked out for me. I may simply be too old for that kind of change. Robert

#3 ·
What size tire is that? Is it wider than the 200 rear? How does it handle? Sorry for all the questions, I've never seen a car tire on a bike before...

#6 ·
So did you have to get a new innertube? and if so, what size? I'm really wanting to try this on my next tire change!

Doc

#5 ·
I went to the darkside late this past summer. I went with the Dunlop Zeon
and have about 2000 miles on it so far. Personally I like the tire and have gotten use to its little quirks. I can handle the bike just like I use to with the normal motorcycle tire, and don't have any problems with the way it handles. The only quirk I have found so far is when I am on uneven pavement and going slow, the bike has a tendency to throw you around a little but as long as you have a firm grip on the bars its not a big deal. I know its not everyones cup of tea but for me its working out well. Good luck

#7 ·
Its nice to see a plain ol non-contraversial topic on this forum today.
Some of the others have been a little testy.:eek:

Scott

#10 ·
I think Doc has a classic.
Which means spokes and a tube.
The OP has a classic too, so I am guessing he kept the same tube.

As I understand it; the tube and rim strap needs to be at least inspected at every tire change.

Scott

#13 ·
You said it felt a little different, can you elaborate a bit more on that?

Thanks!
Doc

#14 ·
Maybe I was thinking too much the first couple of rides and just thought something was different but when I rode into work this morning I forgot all about the tires and didn't feel any difference at all. Maybe I am used to whatever minor affect the tires make.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.