Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What's your favorite comeback line??

13K views 67 replies 39 participants last post by  rolavine 
#1 ·
When the inevitable happens (American Made vs. rice burner) and the teasing starts back and forth...... what is your favorite come back line??
This should be fun.

#32 ·
agreed that kawasaki has a huge manufacturing facility in nebraska... but i repeat they do not make motorcycles there!!!

#34 ·
go back and do a lil more research.. no motorcycles are made there and the concourse has been a 1400 for about 4 or 5 years now ..... go back to http://www.kawasakilincoln.com/KMMHome.aspx?val=KMMHome it says right on there what the build there...4 wheelers, teryx, jet ski, train cars and also atv wheels for many maufacturers !

#35 ·
here a quote DIRECTLY from the products page
"The Lincoln Consumer Products facility manufactures All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV), Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski® ), Utility Vehicles (Mule™ ), Recreational Utility Vehicles (RUV - Teryx™ ) and wheels for ATVs and utility vehicles. These products are shipped throughout North America and exported to Japan, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and to other locations around the world.
The Lincoln Rail Car facility manufactures passenger rail cars for use in the United States."

#36 ·
The Kawasaki Concours, known in Europe as the GTR1000 and in USA as the ZG1000.. before it became...Concours, known as the Concours 14 in North America, and 1400GTR in other markets
now there used to be a kz 1000 made there up until around 1985.... the kz1000p was made there as well with the last one being built sometime in 2005, and of course the kz1300 voyager may have been built there as well....

#38 ·
Well, I say " I AM American Made" my bike just like yours has parts from all over the world, I changed it from stock to how it is today in my garage which is in the USA, so I guess "My bike was put together (made) in the USA by an American" ..........Now lets ride, we both can agree, we ride American roads...and can dream that someday we may ride the roads where the parts that make up our bikes come from.

Its not a come back line, never feel that I have to come back, most riders understand its not where the bike came from, its the person riding it....The bike or the rider do not have to be American Made. The motorcycle owner who buys into only having that brand of bike and all the clothes (etc) to go with it, is just that a "motorcycle owner", I am and ride with, "motorcycle riders", who just like me, enjoy riding, whatever, wherever, whenever we can. Its not ownership of a motorcycle, its part of who I am. Parts (motorcycle or people) can come from anywhere.

#41 ·
one of mine is "of course its not... thats why i bought it !!!!"

#55 ·
I can certainly speak at the dealership level that their motorcloths are quite profitable, especially in higher traffic stores. As well as parts and accesories.Used bikes though are mission critical at the dealership level.

I am a CPA and the firm I worked for last had a bunch of HD dealerships as clients so I have spent a lot of time with their books.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#45 ·
lol and all made in CHINA with american pride... lmfao

#49 ·
I make eyeglasses for a living. Harley Davidson is one of our more recent brands, and the company is making a big push because the signage is so recognizeable (and readily available). When we see someone (they seem to come in couples) come in dressed in their Garanimals, we know they're only interested in looking at one brand, and it's almost always true.

Funny thing, most frames have the country of origin labeling silk-screened on like the rest of the frame markings. HD frames have a tiny "Made In China" sticker applied. Presumeably so the consumer can remove it. Same with the case that comes with the glasses.

#50 ·
I got a set of HD frames that I got a few years ago that have an old prescription in them, and when I read this I pulled them out and look and sure enough on the inside of one of the arms in REALLY SMALL LETTERS is says "Made in China".

#52 · (Edited)
I am always told that Harleys are American and that AMERICAN is the best...I reply that mine is an Allie bike and that ALLIE bikes are incredibly reliable and very affordable. It may not seem strong, but they always walk away with a strange look that implies MAYBE I'm actually on to something!
One time I asked this question...
American women are gorgeous, NO DOUBT, BUT how do they treat a man? How do Japanese women treat their men? My girl (Bike) is Japanese, THEREFORE she treats me GREAT!!!

#53 · (Edited)
Yup, that sure is custom!!! What's up will the skulls?

#54 ·
One thing you will never see.A guy that owns a harley trying to make his bike look and sound like a kawasaki.A friend of mine and i who are senior citizen riders have both owned harleys,one I had incredible amounts of money in,he had over $25,000 in his.Both were beautiful,both were comfortable,both had great sound, but they both needed expensive repairs more than once.Even though i had warranty as did he, it gets expensive even paying the copay but more problematic and irritating is the down time with no bike.And if you break down in claude texas, or bumfuk michigan what you gonna do? Jap bikes could do that also, but statistically they do that much less often than harleys.Thats my 2 cents.

#57 ·
I usually compliment their bike if it is clean. I cannot comment on being made in America, my father retired from the US Navy and when my mother arrived here from Japan she was 8 months pregnant with me so I guess I was also made in Japan...

#58 ·
Well this was fun reading with the coffee this morning. I sometimes forget that without Harleys we wouldn't have so many great jokes! (Ha! Pun intended.)

I don't really ever get into a diatribe with Harley riders. Just one look at them and you can tell they are brainwashed (most times it's the only washed part) and broke. They won't give up defending their bike as they are very persistent, which is a skill derived from trying to start a Harley.

I will, however, add one to the mix;

"What's the difference between a Harley and a vacuum cleaner? The position of the dirtbag."

#60 ·
It doesn't matter what your riding. Well at least not to us. My friend who has a road king was changing his oil in my garage (cause Harley charges too much) Decided to point out to me that his bike has hazard lights and mine doesn't. Why didn't Kawasaki put them on their bikes he asked. I said OH! that's an easy one. You don't see any Kawasaki's broken down on the side of the road.

I got one more... Same friend.

We were coming back from Corpus Christi after a day of fishing and up ahead there was a truck pulling five bikes. I said look at those Harleys up there. It took a few minutes to catch up to him and my friend said how did you know they were all Harleys?? I replied they were all on a trailer.:grin2:

We rib each other all the time and it's all in good fun.

#62 · (Edited)
I always like to tell my Harley buds I bought a Kawi because I like to ride more than push.

One of my best riding buds and I do this dance all the time., We love each other, and its all in fun. But he did lay the "it's got a higher resale value" on me. So we sat down over lunch on one of our trips and w started crunching numbers. I bought my bike in 2004 new for 8900.00 +300 for a windshield. About $9500 out the door. His '07 Road King was about 22k out the door. Today, I could get probably 3k out of mine. So I lost 6k of the sale price, losing about 66% of original sales price. He said he could get about 13000 for his, losing about 45%. That's a big difference. However, in dollar amounts, since mine cost less to begin with, I lost 6k while he loses 9k. And that doesn't count the repeated trips to the dealership for the mandated service intervals that can cost upwards of 400 to 600 dollars a pop. And despite the cost differential, both our bikes took us to the he same place at the same time.

I like HDs, especially the Heritage Softtails. I also like Indians and the 1800 Goldwing bikes, but because I live where the snow flies in winter, I just couldn't justify 20k for a bike that sits in the garage at least half the year.

#63 ·
Well I bought mine used but from someone I knew real well. So I knew it was well maintained. My friend bought his Road King brand new from the dealer in 2010. He just made his last payment Oct of last year. Yea! 7 years of payments. Like others I just can't justify the high cost. I know I wont get a lot for my 9 IF I sell it but I look back at all the fun I've had with no payments makes up for it.

Reactions: Buskman
#65 ·
Back when I rode a sportbike, my favorite phrase:

Harley Davidson's, the perfect machine for turning fuel into noise without the embarrassing byproduct of horsepower.

I have nothing against Harley's, I have seen some nice bikes, but I cannot justify an extra $10 grand because of the name on the title.

#66 ·
"Yeah, it's a soulless appliance but it's a very good one."
"I couldn't find one of them for 25 hundred bucks."
"This liquid cooling thing works pretty well, it just might catch on."
"As my Dad used to say in his own sexist way, If everybody like the Blond the Redhead wouldn't do any business."

#68 ·
I once had a front tire blowout on an interstate, I crawled my bike to a Harley dealer knowing my front tire size was the same as a Sportster. They refused to work on my Suzuki, or to even change the tire if I pulled off the wheel. What a bunch of aholes. I ended up putting a screw into the hole, inflating the tire at a gas station, and riding 30 miles knowing it could blow at any second, after having survived the initial blow out. So, if you're wondering why the Harley Dealer that used to be next to I5 in Albany Oregon went broke, I like to think it was my curse!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.