Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

500 Solo Seat

28K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  cbkinnc 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'm thinking about modding my seat too. I still want the option of having a passenger, so I think I might take it to get reupholstered without the buttons and then have a matte black color. Also have the passenger section shaved off a little on the top so it doesn't look so big. Should be pretty easy to do and cost effective...

#5 ·
so I have looked at this mod as well. Just so it has been said and opened up for discussion, solo sprung saddle seems odd on a soft tail. second our seat only bolts into the rear fender. third having a plastic seat pan and a fuse panel under it makes the gap created.

so my thought is to try and to cut off the back of seat pan and reshape the back of the foam.

#9 ·
solo seat

Hi, I have recently purchased an 03 and it came with a solo seat. I am not sure but to me it appears that someone has simply cut down the stock seat and re-worked the material at the back. Given the snow we have on the ground I have not had a chance to ride and can not tell how comfortable it will be. I will try to post some pictures.

Attachments

#11 ·
Hi, I have recently purchased an 03 and it came with a solo seat. I am not sure but to me it appears that someone has simply cut down the stock seat and re-worked the material at the back. Given the snow we have on the ground I have not had a chance to ride and can not tell how comfortable it will be. I will try to post some pictures.
Yeah, that is a stock seat, cut down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.