Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Hello All...

871 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Captain1201 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I've had several Kawasaki Motorcycles in my lifetime...

I purchased a new KZ400 almost 25 years ago. I rode it around for several years, but I eventually traded it for a New Honda 650 Cruiser. I always thought the Kawasaki KZ400 was surprisingly quick and responsive, even compared to the larger, supposedly more powerful Honda 650. So, early on, I developed a great respect for Kawasaki products, and always thought they performed very well...or, maybe the Honda was just a Dog...don't know which.

Later, I sold the Honda 650, and was without for quite a few years while the kids were growing up. I lived in an area where traffic was heavy and aggravating, and I traveled a lot, so I decided to get rid of it.

After the kids grew up, moved away, and the wife and I moved to the farm, I purchased a 2002 Vulcan 500 LTD (used), but in great shape, and rode it around on the country roads for a few years. But, when riding it on some of the busier State Highways, I always felt like it just didn't have enough power to be safe in all circumstances. So...

In March, 2012, I decided to trade the Vulcan 500 for the Vulcan 900 Classic Special Edition (Black), just like the one in the photo.

I'm impressed with the Vulcan 900, and it seems to have plenty of power. But, it wouldn't surprise me if I moved up the ladder again in a few years, maybe to a 1700 Nomad or a Voyager Model.

Believe it or not, since March, 2012, I have only put 168 miles on the new Vulcan 900 Classic because summer weather here in the Midwest was so severely HOT, over 100 degrees every single day in the summer, that I think I probably have a lot of riding to do first before considering an upgrade. Just got done winterizing the Vulcan 900, covered it up, and parked it in the barn for the winter season.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.