Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What did you do to your Vulcan today?

697K views 5K replies 1K participants last post by  rossagge 
#1 ·
I gave mine a quick washing filled up with NO ethanol fuel and took a cold fla morning ride to breakfest. Seems for a couple of years now friday morning is the coldest day of the week? Still nice just being in the wind!!

#1,843 ·
Going to remove the seat on my '05 1500 Bobber and trim down the seat-pan and foam. Go to the local fabric shop and buy a yard of Marine/vinyl and make a new seat cover. Something with a "Gator" look to it. Should be fun. ;)

#1,847 ·
Replaced the insipid horn with a pair of Fiamms......and ordered Mac Phat Stakkers to replace the stock mufflers.....also adding Memphis Fats 17 in screen. Getting ready to put her away for the winter. maybe 2 - 3 weeks of riding left...

#1,848 ·
Installed lowers I made from 3/16 plesiglass I bought at Home Depot last week, installed LED light strips lastnight, and changed the plugs today. Of course I took it out for a ride tonight. Want to add a couple more light strips, but just about got it lit pretty good.

Attachments

#1,853 ·
That's TOO SOON - Just over west in Manitoba - never park before November unless there is snow on the ground and ice on the road. But yes I will have to park for winter soon too - sigh!!!

#1,860 ·
Well today I put on my gently used rivco risers that I got from a fellow member here (thanks Gary!) & took a quick ride to confirm how much better & more comfortable the bike is now with the new risers. Will probably fill the tank soon, dump in some stabil, etc, & unfortunately, put it away till spring. I do have a question that hopefully someone knows the answer to; will kuryakyn deep dish bezels work with signal visors? The bike has some that were on it when I bought it, but I think I want to put the deep dishes on. Anyone know? I don't know if the current visors are kurys or not.

#1,865 ·
I did the same with my Straightshots last year, great sound but dulling on the heat shield. The huge River Road saddle bags cover it so I don't care, '97 1500 D. Put Marathon 880 wide white walls on just in time for the hurricane, but it's OK because I'll be doing the Polar Bear runs all winter.

#1,867 ·
I mounted my Garmin on a Ram Mount on the bar. Great mount BTW, but I am not quite happy with the position and look, so this winter I have an idea for bracket on the windshield to which I can attach the mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.