Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Thank god i am alive .....

4K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Cagecam 
#1 ·
Last night i was riding on the interstate at around 2 am listening to music enjoying the the ride , i was alone on the road in the middle lane when i saw this car coming from my left side approaching at high speed so far is normal BUT around ten feet from me he made a 90 degree sharp right turn at me !!! I swear i heard the squeaking of his tires with my helmet on and music blasting at 70 mph , i put it back to 5 th gear and blasted the throttle full without clutch :( and turned to the lift lane i was so scared , he was making doughnuts and the tires where smoking like NASCAR i saw his head lights go up and down he smashed into the concrete ,

Should have i stopped ? i think he was trying to kill me i have no enemies ?

I am glad i was alive to see my kids , i told them about it now they toke my keys and claim they lost em :mad:

Be careful guys and girls its a world with crazy people living in it .

#3 ·
I was going to say that or someone fell asleep behind the wheel.

#4 ·
ive seen it happen more times than i can count. i bet he was texting and when he looked up and saw your taillight he flipped out. or drunk, eating, talking. its a war zone out there, glad you made it home

#5 ·
Yes.
If there was no one else on the interstate; you should have stopped; and called it in asap.
I am guessing that you just meant that there were very few cars and none in your vicinity.

At 70 mph; there is a very good possibility that he was injured and needed timely medical care.

Hey, we have all been rattled or scared and looked back to wonder what else we should have done.
I would suggest next time to call in the accident though.

Glad you weren't hit! Ride Safe!
Scott

#6 ·
There are people in the world that simply do not like motorcycles, and will try to cause you injury, on purpose. I like to think they're rare, but they are out there.

Given the situation, your best bet would probably be to ride to the next exit and call from there.

#8 ·
WOW! Glad you are safe and sound. It has to be an emergency to get me out at that time of day for that exact reason. As far as stopping...? A few years ago a semi pulled off of the shoulder onto the interstate in front of me, I had to change lanes to avoid hitting him. When I did that the car to my left (in my blind spot) went into the median, over corrected and then slowly rolled over. I stoppped although we never made contact. The accident was dubbed my fault and my insurance went up. I have vowed to never stop if I do not make contact with another car. That was about 30 years ago, luckily I have never had to make that decision since then.

#7 ·
I wouldn't have stopped... At a moment like that all you have to think about is getting home to your family and being thankful that nothing happened to you.

I've been in similar situations both on my bike and in a cage. Some people are just totally oblivious to their surroundings until an obstacle is literally in their face. Not too sure about people driving maliciously with intent to run motorcyclists off the road. It is more likely to encounter a drunk driver, a sleepy driver or even a stupid driver.

Either way, glad to hear you're ok. Wait a while before you ask for your keys back and next time you're out that late, maybe take a different route. Stay Up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#15 ·
Where at in NC so I know to stay the heck away from there.

#19 ·
Last night i was riding on the interstate at around 2 am listening to music enjoying the the ride , i was alone on the road in the middle lane when i saw this car coming from my left side approaching at high speed so far is normal BUT around ten feet from me he made a 90 degree sharp right turn at me !!! I swear i heard the squeaking of his tires with my helmet on and music blasting at 70 mph , i put it back to 5 th gear and blasted the throttle full without clutch :( and turned to the lift lane i was so scared , he was making doughnuts and the tires where smoking like NASCAR i saw his head lights go up and down he smashed into the concrete ,

Should have i stopped ? i think he was trying to kill me i have no enemies ?

I am glad i was alive to see my kids , i told them about it now they toke my keys and claim they lost em :mad:

Be careful guys and girls its a world with crazy people living in it .
You r lucky man. For two things. He missed you plus your smart quick reaction..
I agree with some other posts here.. Distractive driving or alcohol ..however you should have stopped and called it in, may have been a medical emergency ...you don't have to go close, leave that to the professionals..anyway your still alive that's what really maters for you and your family...

#22 ·
Hindsight is 20/20 and we make different decisions under stress. You did okay, glad you are okay.

If it ever happens again (And I sure hope it doesn't) I would encourage you to go a few miles then call it in. It's also a good idea to get off and walk around after a pucker moment, get that adrenaline level down.

If I genuinely thought it was someone 'out to get me' or somehow being aggressive (like road rage) and I was in danger, I wouldn't stop at the scene, but I would stop a mile later and call it in.

#23 ·
Thank you all, i wanted to stop few miles later but i was so angry if he wasn't hurt from the crash he will be hurt by me , if he was able to drive at that speed in straight line , he knows what he was doing ! maybe he didn't know how bad his control is , i searched him up , he wasn't hurt , i have his address should i break his nose ?

#24 ·
He smashed his car into a concrete wall, you came home and posted about him on an online forum in the comfort of your home. I think you won this one, just count your blessings and move on!

#26 ·
Fysl. Again take Romans advice. U were on top of ur game with this incident, dodging this bullet.
Keep on riding. Ride safe n always give ur family the biggest hugs n kisses everyone deserves every time u walk through the front door.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#29 ·
Yeah, I wouldn't have stopped either. I'm not one for holding grudges, but I'm of the mindset that person got what they deserve. You made it out okay and he is taking responsibility for his actions, whatever that cost may be. Someone cutting over like that isn't exactly trying to be innocent about their actions.

Just my two cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.