Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vaquero owners thread

1M views 4K replies 299 participants last post by  Peg 
#1 ·
This Thread is dedicated to all Vaquero Owners and any other interested bikers.

Reactions: milliayal70
#2,439 ·
There really is not exact right or wrong answer here. A lot is personal preference, your size, your riding style, etc. Cee Bailey has a pretty guide on how to measure what general size you need at the link below.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/height-width.htm

#2,440 ·
Windshields

Right now from what is available at this time, the best on the market is the Cee Bailey in my opinion, since I am a short guy from the waist up, Cee Bailey's 9" Smoked Windscreen works just right for me, I can see over it, do not get any head wind buffeting, plus I still get enough air behind the shield to keep me cooler in those very hot Texas summer days.

#2,442 ·
#2,445 · (Edited)
Don't forget Clearview, these guys make a nice looking shield and you can get an airvent is you wish. The design is nice and look good on the Vaquero, I watched him install one this year at BikeFest here in Phx on a new Vaquero, the shield follows the same slope and line of the fairing and then flares out at the top much like the Klock Werks do. I was really tempted to get one but couldn't convice my self to get one just because he was there, maybe next April when he comes back to town, I'll be due for one.

http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=309

#2,447 ·
Keep in mind this guy measures his shield from the key switch up, not the length from the edge of the shield to the top.
He showed me this and mentions it on his page that you use to determine the correct size of a Clearview Shield.
I have a stock Kawasaki shield on my Vaquero, from the center of the shield, at the bottom edge of the chrome strip to the top edge it is 12" , using the Clearview method from the key to the top edge of the shield it is 16".

#2,450 · (Edited)
#2,454 ·
LOL. Yes the pics will be coming soon. It was 52 degrees, with 25 mph gusts of wind and rain when I picked up the bike, so was in hurry to just get off and go home to dry out. Will take pics as soon as the weather improves slightly. Of course the day I pick it up had to be the day the weather got really crappy.

#2,455 ·
Anybody know how many watts these systems are on stock Vaqs?

#2,456 ·
Keep my Bike out of the Rain

Sometimes it does not pay to keep you bike out of the rain, at least the wife doesn't think so. :D

click image to enlarge

Attachments

#2,460 ·
Sometimes it does not pay to keep you bike out of the rain, at least the wife doesn't think so. :D

click image to enlarge
My wife said I could do this, if I could mpve in with you :struggle:

#2,457 ·
Heated Seat Pad for the Vaquero and othr Curzers

Anyone try these out yet or something similar? These are not needed much in central or south Texas, but further north in Texas all the way up to Canada, this might come in handy on those cold days you are riding.

Looks simple enough to install, it is from ProPad and cost looks reasonable. Should fit the Vaquero just fine and look good too, I have their warm weather ProPad Air Series and it works great and looks great on my bike.

#2,462 ·
Strong, I am about as anxios as you to se your new bike sitting on the showroom floor when its done ;) Hopefully it wont be long now.

#2,463 ·
Oh yea I'm excited! Working on my refinance now....called this morning and got my approval for the bike loan...1.9% for 72 months. Hoping to pick the bike up next weekend....wheel will be a 5 week lead time so that probably will not be here till late november to dec.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2,469 ·
OUCH....5 week lead time. Man, that sucks, but from what I hear, it is going to look GOOD.
Are you going to be there this coming Sat night 20th? We still havent decided yet, but I am looking at being there.

#2,471 ·
#2,526 ·
Tanq. Orange Vaquero????

I work a Full-line Kawasaki dealer....and Kaw does NOT show this Candy Orange color for 2013. Would this be a color only for Canadian models or somewhere else? I hate sounding pretty "un-informed" here, but I cannot get anyone here or Kaw to give me straight-up answer. If anyone HAS the answer, appreciate a post! Thanx....

#2,474 ·
Congrats! You're gonna love it.

And, sorry, but Red is faster....

#2,487 ·
Very nice CS. Cant wait to catch up to ya. I got to pick my Voyager up Wednesday morning. A little bit of a front tire issue, but its being taken care of. I'll wait till everything is squared away before I give the details out.
By the way, did you make it Saturday night? We ended up no being able to go.

#2,480 ·
Air cleaner portholes

Here are pictures of my latest projects. Air cleaner portholes and blacked radio face.

Attachments

#2,482 ·
Yes. Turned the rings on a old South Bend lathe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.