Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Swing arm nut covers?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Davego 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a cover that will actually stay in place and that is reusable to cover the bolt and nut holes in the swing arm? Let me know what u are using, and were we might purchase it.
I purchased a 1-1/2" plug from Home Depot, but it was slightly too large.

#3 ·
Swing arm bolt and nut holes...? do you mean front forks... if so, I used some Finlandia vodka bottles caps trimmed down and attached with a dab of RTV silicone.
No, he's talking about the recessed areas on the lower rear of the frame where the swingarm mounts onto the frame. There are usually caps that cover these areas and they sometimes fall off or break off.

#4 ·
Comanche, thats exactly what i'm talking about.
I purchased this knockout at HomeDepot 1-1/4" but they are slightly too big, perhaps i will bend the tabs a bit and try again, i figure if i can get these to work and give them a little squirt of flat black then i might not notice the holes so much.
I found that after i installed the Sideburner, that these became highly visible.
I figured someone on here has already done this mod?, guess not?

Attachments

#11 ·
If you have a truck stop near you try them.They have all kinds of covers for bolts and nuts.We have a place called 75 Chrome shop here in fl. They are in Wildwood fl. They are also on the web. Check them out,they ship if you see something you like.I have got a lot of things there.A lot cheaper than bike shops.Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.