Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

HID light conversion

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bikerbill 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I'm looking for the right way to convert my lights to HID. Any experience, ideas and links will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

2006 - 500LTD

#7 ·
I might want to 'try' the 55W at some point but my main reason for going HID was to reduce power consumption. I am very happy with the 35W system.

#8 ·
How is the output with HIDs inside of the OEM reflector housing? I find when you put HIDs into cars that normally have reflected halogens they end up causing a lot of glare.

I was considering doing a projector retrofit with a D2S HID bulb like I've done on my car. But I almost feel like it would look to modern for the style of the vulcan.

#9 ·
Depending on who you ask, the only "right" way is to replace the entire headlight assembly with one matched to the HID light, not just inserting a HID kit into housing made for a different style of bulb. Just because the HID bulb fits the housing doesn't mean the lamp itself is positioned properly for the proper beam from the reflector/housing intended for a different type.

#10 ·
You are correct in that the 'right way' is the 'best way'. And a complete 'matched' HID lighting system would be that 'best way'.

However for the money spent on this 'retrofit' kit, in my opinion, gives a very good 'bang for the buck'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.